New model delivery dates?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Hi,

Has anyone found a dealer yet that has given an indication of when they'll start seeing Gen 3's come through? I fancy ordering a GTS but I'm getting different stories from different dealerships. One couldn't tell me how many deposits etc they'd taken or when the person at the front of the queue would get theirs. They also said I'd take priority as a local over someone who already has an order in not from the area which doesn't sound right.

Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Told today that details released in July first deliveries November .
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Remembering how reliable dealer information was on availability of Gen 2, I suggest a big pinch of salt is taken with anything they say! Call me an old cynic if you like......
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
jk88

Post by jk88 »

Reading had deposits for 7 GTSs when I placed mine a few weeks ago. Their guesstimate for delivery was Q1 next year.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
pmg

Post by pmg »

jonnydrama wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 pm Hi,

Has anyone found a dealer yet that has given an indication of when they'll start seeing Gen 3's come through? I fancy ordering a GTS but I'm getting different stories from different dealerships. One couldn't tell me how many deposits etc they'd taken or when the person at the front of the queue would get theirs. They also said I'd take priority as a local over someone who already has an order in not from the area which doesn't sound right.
Not all salesmen will know the full order situation at their own OPC.

OPC's will not know their Macan build slot allocations yet for late 2021, never mind those for early 2022.

Different OPC's have different attitudes to deposits and when they start taking them for cars not on configurator yet, favours given to prised customers and how they allocate their slots amongst waiting lists.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Thanks all, appreciate the insight!
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Ordered a new gts in June, was told November build. 8th in the dealer que,now build revised to July ☹
bompey

Post by bompey »

That’s not good. I’m expecting October 21 build and November delivery. I’ve sold my previous Macan last month so hope it’s not delayed.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
cc3

Post by cc3 »

jonnydrama wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:09 pm Hi,

Even when there was no chip issue getting a nominated build slot for a GTS and GT car could be a challenge unless you had a great buying record with the dealer. Yes they will all take a deposit but when you get your car if at all is part of the joy of the buying process ! Many have been in the GT queue with a deposit but failed to get an allocation! Now you overlay the chip shortage and the GTS models start to get quite rare like the GT products. If you think about it they of course make their money on the sale but in this tight market some dealers might give priority if they get a Porsche product in part exchange so they make double bubble!! They are just so short of quality second hand stock as well as new cars. Take nothing for granted.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

jk88 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:03 am Reading had deposits for 7 GTSs when I placed mine a few weeks ago. Their guesstimate for delivery was Q1 next year.
I put my deposit down with Reading mid April and have been told they won't be getting any GTS's delivered until Q1 2022. I haven't even had the build locked. I'm supposedly at the top of their list but am wondering !!!!!!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: