Extra alarm

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Hi all,

I picked up my Macan earlier this week and I'm loving it as a first timer.

Maybe I'm paranoid but my BMW (it was pertrol no hybrid) cat covnerter got nicked in Jan, when visiting a family member in London in an area notorios for these type of thefts. Honestly, I don't want to go through the same hassle again; the Police said they can't do anything about it but insurance had it covered which took a month to get the part ordered and installed.

So the question is, is there any extra alarm/any deterrent I can have on the car to give me a peace of mind? My BMW alarm didnt even go off when that happened. and I know that it mainly happens on hybrid cars but the garage also told me: "oh, I didn't know they nick BMWs too". Any advice would be much appreciated.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I have GPS trackers on cars and bikes. Can be set to warn when the car moves outwith a zone, or if the battery is disconnected. They cost circa £30 and a £10 SIM lasts a couple of years.

You can track the car in realtime (harder to do) or simply phone the SIM and it'll send a text back with the location of the car
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I have used TVL for a number of years, and they provide many quality products for vehicle and vehicle component security.

They are mostly concerned with commercial vehicles, but it may be worth taking a look on their website to see what they have:

https://www.tvl-ltd.co.uk/shop#vehicle- ... protection

Also, take a look at Catloc, although I have no experience of using them or their products:

https://catloc.co.uk/
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Some years ago, there was an alarm on a 911 in a car park. And all that was needed was to touch the paintwork of the car, with the gentlist of touch anywhere, for the alarm to be activated. So I'm sure you may be able to find a similar product on the market, if you have a search around.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Just adding to my last post. The alarm did not sound for ever, it was only for about 5 seconds, enough time for it to be a deterrent.
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Thank you all. I am not looking for a tracker to be honest, I'm looking for a deterrent the same as the one The Traveller mentioned above. Something that if thieves touch the car at least the alarm to go off. Currently if they jack the car up and go underneath and nick any parts they want, the existing manufacturere's alarm won't bother to go off.

The traveller (sorry don't know your name), can you remeber the make/name anything off the top of your head?
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Sorry hamiG, I am unable to help you any further with the name. I never saw or spoke with the owner/driver of the vehicle. It was parked in the car park of the NEC, at the time of the motorshow.

Frank
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Many thanks Frank.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If it's of any help we recommend these. Maybe they can give you some advice.
https://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/
Regards,
Dan.