Filling air

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

So, after owning MY2016 for 1 month now, I found that the front tyre looked a little flat before driving off. 1st stop was the local BP garage. Waited behind another car while he did his and I rocked up. Opened all the caps, Paid a quid and set the machine for 33F and 36R.
However, the nossle from the machine did not seem to make a clear contact and it stated hissing... There was only 1 way to use it...hmm... tried the other 3 and exactly the same....

A really silly question... maybe a alder fuddy duddy having turned 50 last month but am I missing something? I did push it in firmly enough....

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Just a standard valve, probably not inserted fully or maybe the air pump nozzle damaged.
P.S. On here 50 is not old 🤫
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

IMORTAL_Indian wrote: ↑Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:00 pm So, after owning MY2016 for 1 month now, I found that the front tyre looked a little flat before driving off. 1st stop was the local BP garage. Waited behind another car while he did his and I rocked up. Opened all the caps, Paid a quid and set the machine for 33F and 36R.
However, the nossle from the machine did not seem to make a clear contact and it stated hissing... There was only 1 way to use it...hmm... tried the other 3 and exactly the same....

A really silly question... maybe a alder fuddy duddy having turned 50 last month but am I missing something? I did push it in firmly enough....
If your car doesn't have a spare wheel then there is a compartment on the left hand side of the boot that should contain an air compressor. Saves you a pound.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

50 is positively young.................................... (sadly)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

With Macans that do have a spare wheel an air compressor is supplied by Porsche.

The spare wheel is a collapsable type and needs to be inflated prior to use.

Been there had to do just that

Hence if you have a spare wheel you have an onboard air compressor, no spare, you just have the can of sealant.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:10 am With Macans that do have a spare wheel an air compressor is supplied by Porsche.

Hence if you have a spare wheel you have an onboard air compressor, no spare, you just have the can of sealant.
On the Gen 2 post-2018 model with no spare wheel - you get an air compressor electric tyre pump, but no can of sealant. The latter can be bought on Amazon [other suppliers are available!].
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

you should set pressures with the tyres cold, as a few miles adds a few pounds in pressure, on your way home add a few pounds at the garage, then set pressures in the morning before your drive.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^^ or just go with what the PCM tells you to add or subtract, it’s temperature compensated.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

SAC1 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:39 am
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:10 am With Macans that do have a spare wheel an air compressor is supplied by Porsche.

On the Gen 2 post-2018 model with no spare wheel - you get an air compressor electric tyre pump, but no can of sealant. The latter can be bought on Amazon [other suppliers are available!].
I didn't have an air compressor come with mine, i have however purchased one from the interwebby.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: ↑Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:48 am
SAC1 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:39 am

I didn't have an air compressor come with mine, i have however purchased one from the interwebby.
Even though my car is a 2020 MY car, when I queried the lack of a compressor I was told it was no longer supplied for MY21 year onwards (my car was built during the changeover), For some years I've kept a Ring Compressor in the boot. It operates from any of the 12V power points so is more convenient than the Porsche supplied one. I've opted for Holts Tyreweld rather than the supplier that Porsche use.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel