Engine Control Fault!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Welcome
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Update***

Firstly, I'm a little annoyed for seeming to have to chase the OPC for updates! When i do get through they have the details but just haven't bothered to let me know, thats how its seems anyway, had the same issue with the 911 that was in for MOT and Oil/Filter recently....

Anyway, the update is the Ad-blue pump needs replacing !!

The good news is its a warranty item, the bad news its on back order and no parts expected until 8th August :cry:

The Macan in the Family car, has tow bar and we use it with a bike rack, thus with school holidays starting this week and things planned this is a real pain in the backside as the OPC has advised not to drive it, thus they will keep it until its repaired :roll:
Last edited by r1flyguy on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

....... “and no parts expected until 8th July”

As it’s the 19th July already, which year......2022???
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

AllanG wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:23 pm ....... “and no parts expected until 8th July”

As it’s the 19th July already, which year......2022???

Apologies, typo!!!!

8th August!
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^ 👍👍😀
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Sara06

Post by Sara06 »

Can anyone give me some advice, I picked up my 2015 Macan base model last weekend, everything was perfect until I got the engine control fault driving permitted warning message. The temp of the engine and everything else is fine and the car is driving fine, I have been to a garage today who plugged it in and found no error codes so cleared it for me, half an hour later I got it again! Any advice ?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Sara06 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:04 pm Can anyone give me some advice, I picked up my 2015 Macan base model last weekend, everything was perfect until I got the engine control fault driving permitted warning message. The temp of the engine and everything else is fine and the car is driving fine, I have been to a garage today who plugged it in and found no error codes so cleared it for me, half an hour later I got it again! Any advice ?
Return the car and get your money back.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Sara06 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:04 pm Can anyone give me some advice, I picked up my 2015 Macan base model last weekend, everything was perfect until I got the engine control fault driving permitted warning message. The temp of the engine and everything else is fine and the car is driving fine, I have been to a garage today who plugged it in and found no error codes so cleared it for me, half an hour later I got it again! Any advice ?
There must be a fault. Most probably if the garage who checked it wasn't an OPC, their software wasn't up to date. As Col says take it back to the garage you bought it from. If they can't fix it then you can reject the car.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
happy days

Post by happy days »

I had a similar issue with my high-mileage SD recently. The initial warning soon turned to be an adblue specific message warning that in 600 miles the car could not be started. Apparently, the adblue crystalises in the pipes and in the injector over time and stops the flow into the exhaust. Local indy didn't want to know, and Porsche Belfast wouldn't even take a look for 4 weeks. Unimpressed.
If you look at the top of the engine under where the wipers are, you can often see the crystals formed all around the injector port. I got lucky as mine turned out to be a split in the pipe only. Still, I was relieved of £245 for a replacement. My local indy now stocks an additive to reduce the crystals forming.
Macan S D
718 S