GEN 3 Needs to Be Released.......

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:38 am so, do I go with the 14 way comfort seats, standard audio and full leather OR 18 way sport seats, BOSE audio and standard leather........

Oh man !
I would do the latter but it could depend on external and interior colour choice
Hi PMG,

This is current spec and the one I am being quoted on. Apparently, though, the dealership cant provide an actual quote based on the new spec for a couple of weeks, because their system will still only let them quote on the out-going model!!

I like the orange BUT I'm not sure it works well with the black plastic bits. Makes them stand out a bit too much, especially the 5 o'clock shadow on the front spoiler.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNTCM20

pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 am
pmg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:38 am so, do I go with the 14 way comfort seats, standard audio and full leather OR 18 way sport seats, BOSE audio and standard leather........

Oh man !
I would do the latter but it could depend on external and interior colour choice
Hi PMG,

This is current spec and the one I am being quoted on. Apparently, though, the dealership cant provide an actual quote based on the new spec for a couple of weeks, because their system will still only let them quote on the out-going model!!

I like the orange BUT I'm not sure it works well with the black plastic bits. Makes them stand out a bit too much, especially the 5 o'clock shadow on the front spoiler.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNTCM20
Nice sensible spec, very similar to my own apart from colours and Pano plus rear seat heating which I did not bother with as my rear seat used about once a year in summer.

I suspect the most common comment from the spend more Brigade on here will be 75 lit tank.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

is the extra 10 ltrs a big deal ? its only about £65 more but does it make a lot of difference?
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:44 pm yep, Burgess Hill currently have my deposit ( chap called Paul Cox ). Portsmouth is pretty close too ( i’ll be there on Thursday for my son’s graduation from Portsmouth Uni ). I believe there a dealership in Guildford too, which isn’t far.
I did type a bit of history of relationships with the local OPC's last night but somehow lost it.

I started thinking about a Macan in April 2018 and approached OPC's then to see who had a demo available. BH had none Portsmouth none but some S/h car S with air and 20 wheels which I drove and convinced me the right car for me. but order books shut for 2018 cars and facelift rumoured. Portsmouth not taking deposits until new model announced. After Goodwood where I got a demo of the Cayenne infotainment system which was due in 2019 model Macan was even more convinced the Macan right car. I had told BH to ring me after FOS and they did and were prepared to take a deposit which I paid. When facelift 2.0 lit appeared in October Portsmouth tried to persuade me to place an order, I drove an existing 2.0 lit and that confirmed I wanted S was prepared to wait. In December 2018 when S became available on the configurator, I emailed my spec that day to both OPC's asking when they had a build slot for. The salesman at Portsmouth was on holiday and replied after a had taken up a slot for March build with BH. They were also March. I had a different salesman at BH and not sure the chap at Portsmouth is still at OPC

The car eventually arrived in early April due to slight UK Certification delays ( about a week from memory)

Since then Portsmouth beat BH on a deal for winter wheels and storage so they got that business and since then have had my first service business as more convenient for someone who lives just east of Chichester
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:48 am is the extra 10 ltrs a big deal ? its only about £65 more but does it make a lot of difference?
Definitely a sensible idea as it'll guzzle through that fuel.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:48 am is the extra 10 ltrs a big deal ? its only about £65 more but does it make a lot of difference?
It's a bigger difference than it initially appears. Let's say you refill your tank when 15L remains, then 65L and 75L tanks are providing you with 50L and 60L of fuel respectively between fill-ups. So the bigger tank is giving you 20% more range.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:11 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:44 pm yep, Burgess Hill currently have my deposit ( chap called Paul Cox ). Portsmouth is pretty close too ( i’ll be there on Thursday for my son’s graduation from Portsmouth Uni ). I believe there a dealership in Guildford too, which isn’t far.
I did type a bit of history of relationships with the local OPC's last night but somehow lost it.

I started thinking about a Macan in April 2018 and approached OPC's then to see who had a demo available. BH had none Portsmouth none but some S/h car S with air and 20 wheels which I drove and convinced me the right car for me. but order books shut for 2018 cars and facelift rumoured. Portsmouth not taking deposits until new model announced. After Goodwood where I got a demo of the Cayenne infotainment system which was due in 2019 model Macan was even more convinced the Macan right car. I had told BH to ring me after FOS and they did and were prepared to take a deposit which I paid. When facelift 2.0 lit appeared in October Portsmouth tried to persuade me to place an order, I drove an existing 2.0 lit and that confirmed I wanted S was prepared to wait. In December 2018 when S became available on the configurator, I emailed my spec that day to both OPC's asking when they had a build slot for. The salesman at Portsmouth was on holiday and replied after a had taken up a slot for March build with BH. They were also March. I had a different salesman at BH and not sure the chap at Portsmouth is still at OPC

The car eventually arrived in early April due to slight UK Certification delays ( about a week from memory)

Since then Portsmouth beat BH on a deal for winter wheels and storage so they got that business and since then have had my first service business as more convenient for someone who lives just east of Chichester
I’m just a bit North of Chichester ( up near Petworth ) so will probably stick with Burgess Hill
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:19 pm
pmg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:11 pm

I’m just a bit North of Chichester ( up near Petworth ) so will probably stick with Burgess Hill
I have been to four Petworth festival events in last week and about 6 more to come.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I think the new frontage will look better if specced in Gloss Black. Anyone worked out whether the £6,000 hike is good value yet for the GTS?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:41 pm I think the new frontage will look better if specced in Gloss Black. Anyone worked out whether the £6,000 hike is good value yet for the GTS?

I built a new model based on the spec of my order and the increase comes out at around £4000. I'm not convinced the extra 60hp and 0.2sec is worthwhile, let alone value! In the looks alone, I'd want them to pay me £4000 for the newer one, not the other way around!! :lol:
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018