Post by Bazza06 »

Sorry, but I felt it deserved a new thread to avoid being lost in my previous:

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

pmg

Post by pmg »

I admit he has not driven both yet but he says buy the S with Air on greater comfort grounds!! and that is someone who has German roads
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Thanks for the link. Wow Thomas is definately well connected in the industry!
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Very interesting… terminal Petrol model. I am very tempted.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Initial observations; I prefer the colour inserts on the front bumper of the S compared to the all-black of the GTS. I don't like the diamond textured surfaces either and prefer the rear bumper of the existing style. Wheel on the S look great. Interior looks sharp with the haptics, but of course, they are fingerprint-less in the video :D

Aside from the power bump, I prefer the existing GTS in the looks department. The new S looks like the one to buy from this facelift.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

configurator has been updated now
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Initial from me ... prefer the colour of the S front bumper, the swathes of black 'plastic' on the GTS looks cheap. Rear I don't mind too much - looks more refined but as a Gen 2 future owner I prefer the previous more 'rugged' rear, pipes seem to stick out more on the old. Don't like the diamond texture at all reminds me of those Citroen DS crossovers. Haptic looks quite good but as mentioned fingerprints, potential for swirls and scratches liked you'd might get with the gloss black fittings.

Just had a look at the configurator - you can add a gloss black finish on the front bumper to part of the black mid-section.
Last edited by mueslibrown on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Hi folks,

I totally agree about the painted front on the S. Real dilemma now!!

I've had a look at the tech for the GTS and can see the following added;

Twin-turbo 2.9 litre V6 engine with direct fuel injection (Euro 6d ISC-FCM) 440bhp
Roof spoiler with unique fixed double-wing design in Black (high-gloss)
75-litre fuel tank
Switchable sports exhaust system
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB)
Sport air suspension with ride-height adjustment including lowering of 10mm
21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in matt black
Analogue clock on dashboard
Comfort ambient lighting package with LED lighting in door storage compartment, door panels (ambient) and interior courtesy and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors.

I may have missed some so please add if anyone sees other items. At this rate i may revert my order to an S and save myself £11.5k!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I missed out the SportDesign exterior mirrors with mirror base painted in exterior colour

So for the S

Twin-turbo 2.9 litre V6 engine with direct fuel injection (Euro 6d ISC-FCM)

SportDesign exterior mirrors with mirror base painted in exterior colour

Brake calipers in red

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) - Electronically controlled active damping system with three manually selectable modes ("Comfort", "SPORT" and "SPORT PLUS")

20-inch Macan S wheels painted in dark titanium

LED main headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Dynamic cornering lights, speed-sensitive headlight range control, adverse weather function, dynamic range control and four-point LED daytime running lights

Standard interior trim in leatherette and Sport-Tex
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:28 am Hi folks,

I totally agree about the painted front on the S. Real dilemma now!!

I've had a look at the tech for the GTS and can see the following added;

Twin-turbo 2.9 litre V6 engine with direct fuel injection (Euro 6d ISC-FCM) 440bhp
Roof spoiler with unique fixed double-wing design in Black (high-gloss)
75-litre fuel tank
Switchable sports exhaust system
Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB)
Sport air suspension with ride-height adjustment including lowering of 10mm
21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in matt black
Analogue clock on dashboard
Comfort ambient lighting package with LED lighting in door storage compartment, door panels (ambient) and interior courtesy and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors.

I may have missed some so please add if anyone sees other items. At this rate i may revert my order to an S and save myself £11.5k!
Brushed aluminium interior trim package is now a no cost option on the S and GTS. Think it was about £300 previously.