Opinions sought re Gen 3 S V GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:02 pm Shouldn't it have black door handles?

Not a bad shout ;)

02BFA705-8C70-460E-A575-FF4026018DC7.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I like that contrasting look whether in conjunction with white, silver, red or, it seems now, green!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:09 pm I like that contrasting look whether in conjunction with white, silver, red or, it seems now, green!
And I decided that PCCBs completed the look! Yellow calipers complement the green better than the red ones, to my eyes 👀
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:44 am
RGS wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:58 pm I compared the spec of the new GTS with the spec on my Turbo and the difference is the GTS works out about £2.5 K cheaper. So essentially it's a discounted Turbo. I won't indulge as the stiffened suspension doesn't appeal and the new GTS doesn't offer anything I don't already have (except a lot of additional black plastic)
You can option standard adaptive air suspension on the new GTS so it rides the same as the turbo
By doing this is replaces the sports air suspension that comes as standard (I.e. stiffer and lowered)
A few comparisons with Facelift 1 (due deference to Nuclear Nick :D ) cars:

Standard Ride Height on steel 205mm
Ride Height on Air 195mm

GTS Ride Height on steel 190mm
GTS Ride Height on Air 180mm

For Facelift 2, the Ride Height has been reduced by 3mm (no idea why) and the difference between steel and air is now 15mm.

Those of you buying a GTS straight from the Configurator are taking a bit of a stab in the dark with suspension choices. The GTS suspension is declared as stiffer and journalists who've tested the car have commented on the stiffness. So do you take a risk that you'll be happy with the ride or opt for the softer and higher suspension and then find the ride is not as sporty as you'd hoped? I'm glad I'm not facing that choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

The Macan II with air and 20" wheels has perfect ride; I can vouch for this after test-driving other variations. I would expect the ride on the Macan III to be better; Porsche generally makes the comfort and handling even better with each of its refreshes. However I'm now starting to wonder with the latest car. All this talk of extra stiffness, 21" wheels as standard (on the GTS), and this weird air-suspension option that undoes the usual GTS suspension - it all makes me suspicious. I do wonder if Porsche Marketing department forced 21" wheels which gave the technical department a problem.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
jk88

Post by jk88 »

PaulR wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:54 pm The Macan II with air and 20" wheels has perfect ride; I can vouch for this after test-driving other variations. I would expect the ride on the Macan III to be better; Porsche generally makes the comfort and handling even better with each of its refreshes. However I'm now starting to wonder with the latest car. All this talk of extra stiffness, 21" wheels as standard (on the GTS), and this weird air-suspension option that undoes the usual GTS suspension - it all makes me suspicious. I do wonder if Porsche Marketing department forced 21" wheels which gave the technical department a problem.

This is why I decided not to accept my OPC's kind offer of a September build as, like PaulR, I have 20" and air on my Gen 1 GTS and unsure what the ride will be like in comparison with 21" and either air option on the Gen 3. So happy to wait until some decent UK reviews and/or demo cars become available.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

On-Track wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:19 am Those of you buying a GTS straight from the Configurator are taking a bit of a stab in the dark with suspension choices. The GTS suspension is declared as stiffer and journalists who've tested the car have commented on the stiffness. So do you take a risk that you'll be happy with the ride or opt for the softer and higher suspension and then find the ride is not as sporty as you'd hoped?
On a Gen 2 S with air, assuming the choices haven't been changed for the Gen 3, you can press a button to lower the suspension and the press the mode button to put it into sports mode, so you can enjoy comfort most of the time and sports when you want it.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SmallWheels wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:26 am
On-Track wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:19 am Those of you buying a GTS straight from the Configurator are taking a bit of a stab in the dark with suspension choices. The GTS suspension is declared as stiffer and journalists who've tested the car have commented on the stiffness. So do you take a risk that you'll be happy with the ride or opt for the softer and higher suspension and then find the ride is not as sporty as you'd hoped?
On a Gen 2 S with air, assuming the choices haven't been changed for the Gen 3, you can press a button to lower the suspension and the press the mode button to put it into sports mode, so you can enjoy comfort most of the time and sports when you want it.
I'm sure you'll be able to do all that with Gen 3 (or Facelift 2) but each mode will be stiffer than the equivalent in the superceded model. As an illustration, I find that my GTS in comfort is slightly stiffer than my SD was in sport. I know that's comparing air with steel but my point is if the suspension is stiffer then that will be the case for all modes.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I find the ride in my turbo with 21" and air mega comfy in normal mode, then you can just stiffen everything up in increments.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Go even lower - on a Gen 2 with the Cete Module ...

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose