Opinions sought re Gen 3 S V GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

The guy I spoke to at OPC last week did. Mechanics I've spoken to referred to Gen 1 and Gen 2.

pmg

Post by pmg »

Also, if you look at the accessories catalogue "Tequipment " [urlhttps://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag/tequipment/TeqFinder.nsf/TeqFinder?ReadForm&country=gb][/url] and place your mouse over Macan it offers Macan III, Macan II and Macan.

I was looking to see what they did about winter wheels on the GTS but none offered yet.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Great ... thats nice and simple.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
pmg

Post by pmg »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:43 pm Great ... thats nice and simple.
Despite what some say about the actual model not changing from 2014, the best communication is often simple and therefore aids understanding
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
RGS

Post by RGS »

I compared the spec of the new GTS with the spec on my Turbo and the difference is the GTS works out about £2.5 K cheaper. So essentially it's a discounted Turbo. I won't indulge as the stiffened suspension doesn't appeal and the new GTS doesn't offer anything I don't already have (except a lot of additional black plastic)
RGS

Post by RGS »

I was hoping that we might get Matrix Headlights and a HUD in the latest upgrades, but it seems nothing much has changed, Porsche are very slow in catching up with the competition. I had matrix lights in my Mercedes CLS in 2015, then a HUD in my AMG in 2017 and miss them both as they are great safety features in their own right.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

RGS wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:41 pm I was hoping that we might get Matrix Headlights and a HUD in the latest upgrades, but it seems nothing much has changed, Porsche are very slow in catching up with the competition. I had matrix lights in my Mercedes CLS in 2015, then a HUD in my AMG in 2017 and miss them both as they are great safety features in their own right.
i actually said I’d never get a car without HUD as its so unbelievably useful, especially for sat nav. Can’t remember the last time I looked at the actual instrument binnacle. In the end it turns out it was a sacrifice i was willing to make, but we’ll see if it was a mistake or not after I get the Macan.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

RGS wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:58 pm I compared the spec of the new GTS with the spec on my Turbo and the difference is the GTS works out about £2.5 K cheaper. So essentially it's a discounted Turbo. I won't indulge as the stiffened suspension doesn't appeal and the new GTS doesn't offer anything I don't already have (except a lot of additional black plastic)
You can option standard adaptive air suspension on the new GTS so it rides the same as the turbo
By doing this is replaces the sports air suspension that comes as standard (I.e. stiffer and lowered)
RGS

Post by RGS »

I didn't notice that the standard air suspension could be substituted for the stiffer sports suspension, it might make a difference in the future if I decide to change. At present my Turbo is less than 2yrs old and only 6.5K miles on the clock so I'm not in a rush to change just yet. Wife loves it and the colour (Sapphire Blue) which has drawn so many nice comments. It's a shame Porsche dropped it but it makes the car a bit of rarity as the gen 2 Turbo has only had a 20 month lifespan.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

RGS wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 pm I didn't notice that the standard air suspension could be substituted for the stiffer sports suspension, it might make a difference in the future if I decide to change. At present my Turbo is less than 2yrs old and only 6.5K miles on the clock so I'm not in a rush to change just yet. Wife loves it and the colour (Sapphire Blue) which has drawn so many nice comments. It's a shame Porsche dropped it but it makes the car a bit of rarity as the gen 2 Turbo has only had a 20 month lifespan.
Can't wait for mine to arrive in 4 weeks ...
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose