Opinions sought re Gen 3 S V GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Thank you for your replies.

I would be happy with the 20" wheels (they were 18" on the old S) and more compliant ride than 21", air I'd be happy to pay extra for, 75l tank preferable, black is really only on the window trims and pennies, really not bothered about the sports exhaust for £1700.

I could get either but can't convince myself the GTS is worth paying £10k more for things that the old GTS didn't have and I would have been happy without. All the other changes seem to apply to both cars.

Not really apples with oranges, more red or green apples!!!

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:10 pm Thank you for your replies.

I would be happy with the 20" wheels (they were 18" on the old S) and more compliant ride than 21", air I'd be happy to pay extra for, 75l tank preferable, black is really only on the window trims and pennies, really not bothered about the sports exhaust for £1700.

I could get either but can't convince myself the GTS is worth paying £10k more for things that the old GTS didn't have and I would have been happy without. All the other changes seem to apply to both cars.

Not really apples with oranges, more red or green apples!!!
If I was a betting man I'd bet you will change your mind going forward. Either way,enjoy...
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:13 pm Folks

I've have a deposit down on a GTS since April and am just about to pull the trigger on the final spec but this morning has completely thrown me???

So I have now spec'd a Gen 3 S compared to my previous Gen 2 GTS and also a Gen 3 GTS by way of further comparison.

Gen 3 S code PN5ZDLT1 £61683 + otr

Gen 3 GTS code PNNLP634 £71841 + otr

I've spec'd leather interior as I wanted the leather dash top, not sure if that is actually included in the 14/18 way seats package if anyone can advise?

The only extras that I've included on the S to bring it up to the bits on the GTS that I want are the air suspension (again possibly not necessary with 20" wheels), 75l tank, black window trims and rear logo in black with model deleted.

I'm struggling to work out why I should pay over £10k (over £11k if I bin the air suspension) for a bit more power I can never use and very probably would never notice, 1" larger wheels, brakes that again I'm probably never going to notice, painted lower trim that will chip and a grill that looks lower spec than the S???

Any opinions appreciated

:-)
If it’s £10k difference with additional spec that you don’t want and your not overly bothered as to whether it has a GTS badge or not. definitely go for the S. Having 14 or 18 way seats Does Not get you the leather dash top so you are right to add the extended leather package. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Since the GTS now comes with 21's, and even a Gen 2 S has more power than you can use most of the time in the UK, I think the S is now by far the best choice, much more comfortable on UK roads and probably on UK roads better handling as well.

I might buy a GTS if I lived in Germany and spent a fair proportion of my driving on unrestricted autobahns but not for UK use
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Thank you for your replies.

I had test driven a Gen 2 base and S but had put deposit on a GTS as it seemed the best value, newer engine tech etc at the time but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

An S with all the bits I want is beckoning.......

It would be better if Porsche offered better equipment bundles here as they do in other countries.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:52 am Thank you for your replies.

I had test driven a Gen 2 base and S but had put deposit on a GTS as it seemed the best value, newer engine tech etc at the time but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

An S with all the bits I want is beckoning.......

It would be better if Porsche offered better equipment bundles here as they do in other countries.
I disagree about bundles especially when they become the only way you can add options. BMW moving to bundles rather than individual options is the reason I am now a Porsche owner. You are so a similar opinion in that you are rejecting GTS as bundling extras you do not want.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

You have a good point.

It was only that they discount some useful items on some of the bundles I've seen in the states and middle east. The one they have with the green this week is off the scale which is a shame as I buy a green one!

First world problems I've never had before this being my first Porsche!!!!

Getting close though to an S in Papaya with lots and bells and whistles.

Probably doesn't help having a real 11yo petrol head breathing down my neck telling my inner 11yo petrol head what we should be getting!!!

I hope you're all having as much fun as we are!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:45 am You have a good point.

It was only that they discount some useful items on some of the bundles I've seen in the states and middle east. The one they have with the green this week is off the scale which is a shame as I buy a green one!

First world problems I've never had before this being my first Porsche!!!!

Getting close though to an S in Papaya with lots and bells and whistles.

Probably doesn't help having a real 11yo petrol head breathing down my neck telling my inner 11yo petrol head what we should be getting!!!

I hope you're all having as much fun as we are!
not sure my inner child has reached the maturity of an 11yo yet. I currently drive a Mini Cooper S with a JCW Pro tuning kit (fitter by BMW from new) with a remapped engine, more HP and very juvenile Bluetooth exhaust pipes with wording all over the button that says "for track use only, not to be used on public roads".......yeah, right. My car before that was a 4.7L Aston Martin Vantage. So I've been somewhat eclectic in my car purchasing.

I put in my Macan S order a couple of weeks ago, but keep changing it every 5 mins, no doubt much to the annoyance of the dealer. I have ordered Volcano Grey because it was originally ordered before the Gen 3 was released. I do really like the Papaya but want to see it in the real world. In some of the videos I have seen, where its not under studio lights, it looks a little brown.

Below is my spec of the hour, and the one currently at Porsche. My inner 11yo told me to get the 18 way sports seats. None of my constituent parts have been 11 (apart from my brain) for quite a few decades so I'm beginning to think that I need to start listening to the bits of me that hurt constantly and go for the 14 way comfort seats. Comfort is a very sensible word at my age, but the 11yo keeps screaming every time I use the word sensible in my head. "but sport seats are so cooool".

Of course my bank manager isn't 11 and can shout a lot louder.

Current (very sensible) spec below:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNMGCQW3
cc3

Post by cc3 »

Dealers will tell you difficult to shift a Macan S/GTS without a sunroof. Hurts resale without it
Deleted User 4325

Yep, I've heard that. One claimed £2k off resale.

But the equally from the mouths of mechanics who fix the things they would never spec a pano as they 'will probably go wrong at some point'. That said they did say Gen 2 don't seem to have any problems so gen 3 should be ok, fingers crossed It's all to do with your nipples blocking up at the bottom of the drain tubes!!! Apparently. Hopefully they will be properly sorted this time round.

Hand on head emoji.

PS So had a look at a Papaya sample on a curved metal plate today and the images I have seen on TV and the internet simply do not do it justice. Stunning almost two tone effect, depending on the light. Very orange going to almost yellow. Definitely not brown at all.