Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ianst

Post by ianst »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:39 pm
pmg wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:41 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Also the standard seats with the Race Tex [previously Alcantara] seat centres are:
- Cooler in summer - less sticky than leather, especially when you first get in on a hot day
- Warmer in winter - no cold shock when you first get in to a sub 7C seat
- All year round - more grippy than leather in the bends
We may have to confuse him even more up introducing him to Nick Murry's Guide to Macan options and Nick's hatred of Alcantara. some think it does not wear well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfspLq3Z0sk

The issue for many with Standard s and GTS seats is no lumber support. As I have said many times as people are different sizes and shape best seat choice will always vary by individual and even the mix of possible drivers
Yeah, the lumbar support is the reason I wont get the 8 ways.

As for alcantera, I actually really like it. My son has a 30th Anniversary MX5 with Recaro's that have alcentara centres (its also on the dash etc) and my Aston had an Alcantera roof liner. But no lumbar adjustment, no go I'm afraid.

Turns out the test car I drove had the 14 way comfort seats and I really liked them. I'm popping down (over) to the OPC on Saturday to plonk my fat butt in both to see if I can squeeze my cheeks between the bolsters on the sports seats.
You will have no issue fitting in them, its the climbing in and out thats the issue on a taller SUV
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Thought this thread was about colours 🤨 Anyway based on OP’s comments re stature, and as already said with 18 (or 8 way) the issue is the height of the bolsters. Had both 14 and 18, the latter looking the best and also available with Alcantara now called RaceTex, but for ease of access and overall “Comfort” 14 every time. Very nice in any colour 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MikeM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm Thought this thread was about colours 🤨 Anyway based on OP’s comments re stature, and as already said with 18 (or 8 way) the issue is the height of the bolsters. Had both 14 and 18, the latter looking the best and also available with Alcantara now called RaceTex, but for ease of access and overall “Comfort” 14 every time. Very nice in any colour 😉
Yeah, I/we may have gone off topic a tad.

If it helps, in today’s sunshine I bet the Papaya would look fantastic
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 pm
MikeM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm Thought this thread was about colours 🤨 Anyway based on OP’s comments re stature, and as already said with 18 (or 8 way) the issue is the height of the bolsters. Had both 14 and 18, the latter looking the best and also available with Alcantara now called RaceTex, but for ease of access and overall “Comfort” 14 every time. Very nice in any colour 😉
Yeah, I/we may have gone off topic a tad.

If it helps, in today’s sunshine I bet the Papaya would look fantastic
I agree, how about this, S with black window trims, body coloured side blades, painted exterior package and 20” neodyne painted wheels. 🤔 just to be different❓

34110A1A-990E-4BC2-A303-4B6F0E564892.jpeg

Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

the gold/brass wheels go really well with that colour
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Not sure if this YouTube link was shown before however this is a great clip to show difference between the GEN 3 “S” vs “GTS”

GTS replaces the old Turbo
S replaces the old GTS
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Iwcpilot

Post by Iwcpilot »

Just my opinion but I prefer the front and rear end of the 2021 GTS over the new 2022 GTS. Anyone agree?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Iwcpilot wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:19 am Just my opinion but I prefer the front and rear end of the 2021 GTS over the new 2022 GTS. Anyone agree?
Yes, from the pictures / videos, but I will reserve final judgement until I can actually walk around the new 2022 GTS.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I'm inclined to agree.
The black grill is putting me off compared to the S grill.
I'm so used to seeing more expensive models in the ranges of most manufacturers wearing more paint???
Deleted User 4436

I've said it before, but the front has the same stupid grin as the VW Up!

I actually think the S looks better than the GTS now.