Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Loved my Canyon Red in '97. In daylight it was amazing, not so good in dull light or under the (then) sodium street lights............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm
bennachie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 pm Papaya is only a midge off Audi Canyon Red. It too looked very coppery/brouwn in dull light. In sunshine it was stunning.
That Porsche Picture above makes it look very brown......................
I said the same thing. Seems not many people agreed though.

Since it came out on the Macan i have noticed a lot of cars painted in a similar colour, most of them pretty unpleasant cars.

Like you say, I suspect in bright sunlight it will look amazing. However, we all live in the UK, so…..
Saw a new Dacia Stepaway and a new Renault Captur in a very similar colour today. Seems to be the in-colour currently.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm
bennachie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 pm Papaya is only a midge off Audi Canyon Red. It too looked very coppery/brouwn in dull light. In sunshine it was stunning.
That Porsche Picture above makes it look very brown......................
I said the same thing. Seems not many people agreed though.

Since it came out on the Macan i have noticed a lot of cars painted in a similar colour, most of them pretty unpleasant cars.

Like you say, I suspect in bright sunlight it will look amazing. However, we all live in the UK, so…..
Saw a new Dacia Stepaway and a new Renault Captur in a very similar colour today. Seems to be the in-colour currently.
its on the BMW configurator too. But then again so is grey. Papaya/orange/off brown does seem to be a very popular colour just at the moment. Interestingly my son’s MX5 30th Anniversary Edition is VERY bright orange, and its nearly 2 years old. Guess it was ahead of its time.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Lets cut the bullshit. In the UK it's brown...................................................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

bennachie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 pm Lets cut the bullshit. In the UK it's brown...................................................
:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw my sons mx5 is definitely orange. google 30th anniversary mx5 and you’ll see what i mean
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Well I'm looking forward to my 'brown' one arriving. At least I'll be able to find it in the car park!!!
:-)
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Any advice would be appreciated, am thinking of Dolomite Silver with Black/Pebble Grey leather interior for my on order Macan S. I do low mileage & infrequent grandsons. I like the look but don't whether depreciation might be adversely affected
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

tonyp wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:03 am Any advice would be appreciated, am thinking of Dolomite Silver with Black/Pebble Grey leather interior for my on order Macan S. I do low mileage & infrequent grandsons. I like the look but don't whether depreciation might be adversett ly affected
Great combination; it will look very bright and light inside and out. Black exterior trim would add contrast too, unless you prefer the chrome look. Specify it to suit your taste, it will not affect the residual value colour combo wise. Loading it with 》+10% of extras will though!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Thanks Steve, my current config includes some black exterior and is shown below

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3E7MB7

Tony
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Pebble grey is very nice. I’d go for it in a hearbeat if it wasn’t so pricey.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4