Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

interesting input from my OPC. He said that he feels Papaya looks good on the sports cars but is a bit much on the Macan . I appreciate this is 100% subjective but I think I agree with him. I'm sticking with boring old grey.

Deleted User 4436

Oh, and one more thing. I know this is about colours but it got a little hijacked by seats at one point and I know you are all absolutely dying to know the final outcome, so...

I sat in a GTS with 18 way sports seats, and a regular Macan with the 8 way (same design as the 14 way but without so much adjustment). I know people get quite tetchy about these things so this 100% just my opinion, so no shouting.

I felt the 18 ways were a bit too firm and made getting in and out of the car a bit of a chore. They definitively weren't uncomfortable but I know my wife (and definitely my mum) would struggle to get in and out of the car. Not a major consideration, but definitely in the mix. However, the 14 way seats just felt sooooo comfortable in comparison. Kind of the difference between a futon and a bed with an expensive mattress (to me, again just my opinion)

So yes, I'm goiing for the 14 way comfort seats. Yes, frankly it surprised me too. Oh, one more thing, they showed me a 2019 Macan with sport seats and the side bolster already looked noticeably warn. I think they would be a must in a 911, but not so much in an SUV.

For reference, I'm 5ft 7 with a 38 inch waste and weigh roughly 13.5St, so a little chunkier than my doctor would like me to be but not massive.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I think what you have said about the seats is what a lot of people have said before so wouldn’t worry about abuse

And for the record I don’t have full sports in the 911 and even in that I don’t feel lacking and I’m used to full buckets etc they are road cars at the end of the day
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Papaya is only a midge off Audi Canyon Red. It too looked very coppery/brouwn in dull light. In sunshine it was stunning.
That Porsche Picture above makes it look very brown......................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4436

bennachie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 pm Papaya is only a midge off Audi Canyon Red. It too looked very coppery/brouwn in dull light. In sunshine it was stunning.
That Porsche Picture above makes it look very brown......................
I said the same thing. Seems not many people agreed though.

Since it came out on the Macan i have noticed a lot of cars painted in a similar colour, most of them pretty unpleasant cars.

Like you say, I suspect in bright sunlight it will look amazing. However, we all live in the UK, so…..
Deleted User 4436

Papaya/Orange/light brown seems a popular colour this year. The Jag looks similar (BTW, this is a terrible video)

pmg

Post by pmg »

There is a danger Papaya becomes this year's fashion colour and marmite thereafter
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

pmg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:05 pm There is a danger Papaya becomes this year's fashion colour and marmite thereafter
indeed. It will definitely date it
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

:-(

Hope not. It's what I've ordered. Wanted mamba green to match my Triumph but they dropped it!!!

Have had grey cars for the last decade so wanted a change.

Never have black again after a black 205, same for dark blue.

Shame the python is so expensive as an option!

Hopefully no one will want to nick an orange one!!!!
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:40 pm :-(

Hope not. It's what I've ordered. Wanted mamba green to match my Triumph but they dropped it!!!

Have had grey cars for the last decade so wanted a change.

Never have black again after a black 205, same for dark blue.

Shame the python is so expensive as an option!

Hopefully no one will want to nick an orange one!!!!
It looks stunning in the marketing material, and when I first saw it I very much decided I had to have it. However, My biggest concern is that on a cloudy day it’ll look more brown than orange. Interestingly my current car is red, and I’ve chosen Grey on the Macan ( after a great deal of vacillating ) There’s no real wrong answer when it comes to paint colour. Its your car so has to suit you tastes.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.