Gen 3 Colours

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Northandy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:18 pm If I was ordering now I’d definitely be going python green, it looks fab.
Looks great on a Gt car but not on a suv would be my guess, bit like Miami

I’d be genetian if it was me, which it isn’t !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

ok all, just to add to the colour conundrum, it turns out there are actually 3 trim options and they are all FoC!! You can either have piano black (which looks ok but really shows up finger prints); brushed aluminium (which can be a bit reflective on bright days apparently); or old man Walnut.

I actually quite like the walnut but I'm old and married to an American (Americans love putting walnut in their cars). I shall probably just leave it piano black.

Thoughts?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:06 am ok all, just to add to the colour conundrum, it turns out there are actually 3 trim options and they are all FoC!! You can either have piano black (which looks ok but really shows up finger prints); brushed aluminium (which can be a bit reflective on bright days apparently); or old man Walnut.

I actually quite like the walnut but I'm old and married to an American (Americans love putting walnut in their cars). I shall probably just leave it piano black.

Thoughts?
I too like the walnut and worse still so does the missus. So walnut it is then. 😆
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

We have Ali trim in ours and not been blinded by it!

Who you dealing with at mid Sussex?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

I had a play with the configurator even though I’ve got no intention of getting a new car. The new orange colour (papaya) does look fab, I agree. It reminds me of the similar copper colour on the Peugeot 3008 which I also like. Strangely Papaya is shown as a Special Colour but is only £674 rather than the £1676 of the other Special Colours. I hope this isn’t a mistake which catches out some buyers.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 am We have Ali trim in ours and not been blinded by it!

Paul Cox.

How does the Ali finish look? In some respects I think the Piano black looks the cheapest, but somehow I think it suits the all black leather interior I have specced more.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 am
Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 am We have Ali trim in ours and not been blinded by it!

Paul Cox.

How does the Ali finish look? In some respects I think the Piano black looks the cheapest, but somehow I think it suits the all black leather interior I have specced more.
Not sure I’ve met him - I’ve been a midsussex customer for 10 years or so

Ours is all black leather so wanted the Ali to break it up - we had to pay for it mind!! The car is at home but I may pop back at lunch.

If I do I’ll take some real pics for you
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 am

Paul Cox.

Not sure I’ve met him - I’ve been a midsussex customer for 10 years or so

Ours is all black leather so wanted the Ali to break it up - we had to pay for it mind!! The car is at home but I may pop back at lunch.

If I do I’ll take some real pics for you
Very kind, thanks.

The other guy I have been dealing with is Mark Fleet, the finance manager.

This is my current spec, but I suspect it will change loads over the next couple of months. I decided to ditch the Bose (I realise I don't really pay a lot of attention to the radio when I am in the car. I have an upgraded "Harman Carden" system in my current car but can't say as I get a massive amount out of it) and go with the full leather and the 18 way sport seats in stead. I also ditched the GT steering wheel. As far as I can see the only difference is its very slightly smaller and the chrome has been replaced by black. Not sure that's worth nearly £400. Can hardly see the difference on the configurator.

PNMGCQW3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNMGCQW3
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Yes I knew mark as a sales exec back in the day - I’ve referred a lot of clients their way over the years

Car looks good

I like the red calipers which are new and yet were always standard on the S model sports cars.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am I like the red calipers which are new and yet were always standard on the S model sports cars.
The Macan I only had red callipers on the GTS and Turbo.
The Macan II only had red callipers on the GTS. The Turbo moved to white (with surface coated discs).
The Macan III has red callipers on the S (for the first time) and the GTS. The S brakes are the same as the previous GTS brakes. The new GTS brakes are the same as the old Turbo brakes, however with red rather than white callipers - which is nice.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS