Ambient lighting package

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I see ambient comfort lighting is standard now on the GTS and S, possibly the base model as well though haven’t checked.

Does anyone know if the ambient lighting comes in different colours now?

pmg

Post by pmg »

It shows as standard on 2litre spec as well.

I would think no colour options as not mentioned
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It didn't when I spec'd it in 2019, if that was now different I'd hope it would have been made obvious. In the words of the sage, live in hope die in despair!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Ahh well, would be a nice touch. Surely a cheap thing they could do
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Yep, my current car lets me choose about a dozen different interior colour settings and automatically changes colours based on the performance setting ( sport, standard or……. 🤢, eco ). You’d think Porsche would have got slightly closer to the 21st century by now. Ho hum, I guess its about the driving experience not the gadgets, blah blah blah
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:47 am Yep, my current car lets me choose about a dozen different interior colour settings and automatically changes colours based on the performance setting ( sport, standard or……. 🤢, eco ). You’d think Porsche would have got slightly closer to the 21st century by now. Ho hum, I guess its about the driving experience not the gadgets, blah blah blah
I was driving home south from a Concert in Midhurst at 10 pm last night and after Cocking came up bend a VW Up doing 30 mph on dipped in a 60 mph area. How I missed the matrix lights from my last BMW had to let 3 short straights was unsure of length go before I came up to a known long straight I could be confident to safely blast past it. One "gadget I miss" but not worth trading up to a Cayenne for the ability to place a main beam on either side of a slower moving car on dipped lights.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:47 am Yep, my current car lets me choose about a dozen different interior colour settings and automatically changes colours based on the performance setting ( sport, standard or……. 🤢, eco ). You’d think Porsche would have got slightly closer to the 21st century by now. Ho hum, I guess its about the driving experience not the gadgets, blah blah blah
Spot on. We buy Porsches for the way they drive (or for some it’s the way they turn heads), not for cheap gimmicks like coloured interior lighting. But it’s a shame that Porsche decided they had to give in to the fashion for touch screens and shiny black surfaces.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4436

I genuinely don't see it as a "cheap gimmick". I'm paying nearly £3k for a bunch of cow hide because when I am sitting in an expensive car I want it to feel expensive. Lighting is a very important part of that. I don't want to pay Porsche money and have the interior lighting look like and old Ford Cortina. Being able to chose what ambient lighting you want is actually quite important to me, and I would guess it is to a lot of people given how many cars have it these days (totally with you on the stupid touch plastic buttons though)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^^ ‘Old Ford Cortina’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4436

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:57 pm I genuinely don't see it as a "cheap gimmick". I'm paying nearly £3k for a bunch of cow hide because when I am sitting in an expensive car I want it to feel expensive. Lighting is a very important part of that. I don't want to pay Porsche money and have the interior lighting look like an old Ford Cortina. Being able to chose what ambient lighting you want is actually quite important to me, and I would guess it is to a lot of people given how many cars have it these days (totally with you on the stupid touch plastic buttons though)