My GTS 22 build

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Have you noticed that the roof rails in Gloss Black that you specified are showing in Silver on the config pictures?
I noticed this when I specified mine. Hoping it's an error on the configurator.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

One other thing, have you had a previous vehicle with adaptive cruise control?

I had it on a Volvo XC40 and only used it a couple of times.
On each occasion I turned it off as I thought it would be useful in a traffic jam but, instead, the gap it left between the vehicle in front, just allowed others to cut in front!!

Looks a very nice spec.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:01 pm One other thing, have you had a previous vehicle with adaptive cruise control?

On each occasion I turned it off as I thought it would be useful in a traffic jam but, instead, the gap it left between the vehicle in front, just allowed others to cut in front!!

Looks a very nice spec.
ACC is a must have for me. On anything other than a local shop run I use it constantly. If you use motorways a lot ( or similar) I’d 100% spec it. Don’t forget it also comes with a whole bunch of extra toys like auto-breaking and pedestrian avoidance etc.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:01 pm One other thing, have you had a previous vehicle with adaptive cruise control?

Looks a very nice spec.
I have to say I’m the same

Had it on my RS audi and AMG merc. Barely used it.

Have it on the dogs Ibiza but only use it for replying to emails
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
bompey

Post by bompey »

I have ACC on my current GTS but see no need when I replace it. I don’t like the way it breaks if someone pulls in front of you.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Looks a very nice spec.
Thanks

I’m on the fence with ACC, most of my driving is urban - only do around 7500 miles per year.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Looks a very nice spec.
ACC is a must have for me. On anything other than a local shop run I use it constantly. If you use motorways a lot ( or similar) I’d 100% spec it. Don’t forget it also comes with a whole bunch of extra toys like auto-breaking and pedestrian avoidance etc.
I’m regularly on the M1 & M25 and my experience of using a car with it has not been great, but that’s just me. There must be sufficient demand for it for Porsche to offer it.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:40 pm

Looks a very nice spec.
Thanks

I’m on the fence with ACC, most of my driving is urban - only do around 7500 miles per year.
Personally, I’d swap it for Bose. Similar cost. Or save yourself £800
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Horses for courses. I have the Harman Kardon up-graded stereo in my car and hardly ever use it. I prefer to talk to people if they are in the car with me or just listen to radio plays etc. Most music just gets on my nerves. I de-specced the Bose system after thinking about how little I use it. I use ACC all the time, but given the type of driving and mileage you do I suspect you’ll get less use out of it that I do.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Re ACC, why don't manufacturers allow duel functionality, traditional CC and ACC.