My GTS 22 build

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Hi All

Could I please have some feedback and advice on my build? :)

I had my deposit down in June this year and lucky enough to to have one of the first build slots - build will be October and delivery in November.

Will be a GTS, just deciding on spec. This is my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRFMMC4

Key things I’m undecided on:

1) Whether to have the front grill in the standard Matt black or with the high gloss options. Which would look best with jet black metallic paint?

2) Wheels: undecided between standard Matt black RS spiders or the high gloss GT design wheels. It feels like Matt RS spyders if I stick with the Matt black front grill and the high gloss GT design wheels if the front grill is high gloss. Thinking is it will blend better (I.e Matt with Matt or gloss with gloss). What do you guys think?

I had never been a fan of black wheels but the new ones look nicer. Previously I was sold on getting the 911 turbo design wheels.

Keen to hear people’s thoughts

3) steering wheel: should I option the heated GT sports steering wheel. I dont really need heated steering, any other benefit of having the GT wheel?

4) BOSE speaker: do these really help resale. I find the standard speakers really good as I don’t listen to music loud. Just adding for resale but thinking I might be wrong with my thinking. Could save £800!

5) interior: I don’t want to pay more for deviated stitching so it’s the standard black leather Interior or the black/Bordeaux red option which is only £161. Which would look best do you think, I know it’s subjective so just keen to hear people’s opinions,

Would be great to get some feedback thanks.

Cheers

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

That’s a nice spec you have, it takes some self restraint not to tick too many boxes! As for your questions:-
1) on a black car I don’t think you’d appreciate or notice the additional gloss black highlights on the grill.
2) a personal choice, for me it would be the Matt black std wheels with matt grill, maybe too much gloss with the others.
3) I never needed a heated steering wheel either but I love the heated gt steering wheel that I spec’d (and everyone who has driven the car has commented how nice it is) just do it.
4) Bose, I love my music and paid for the Bose but it’s simply not worth it (and why would Porsche want it to be brilliant when they offer a Burmester?)
5) Black/red is a bit marmite but for me the interior is very important, I’d bin the gloss grill, take the std wheels and upgrade the interior.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Looks nice as it is , and I love those wheels

Its going to be a bugger to keep looking like that mind so get a great detailer to whack a ceramic coat on it straight away !!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Alfanut wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:54 am That’s a nice spec you have, it takes some self restraint not to tick too many boxes! As for your questions:-
1) on a black car I don’t think you’d appreciate or notice the additional gloss black highlights on the grill.
2) a personal choice, for me it would be the Matt black std wheels with matt grill, maybe too much gloss with the others.
3) I never needed a heated steering wheel either but I love the heated gt steering wheel that I spec’d (and everyone who has driven the car has commented how nice it is) just do it.
4) Bose, I love my music and paid for the Bose but it’s simply not worth it (and why would Porsche want it to be brilliant when they offer a Burmester?)
5) Black/red is a bit marmite but for me the interior is very important, I’d bin the gloss grill, take the std wheels and upgrade the interior.
Thank you, that’s got me thinking so more more about my final choices
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 am Looks nice as it is , and I love those wheels

Its going to be a bugger to keep looking like that mind so get a great detailer to whack a ceramic coat on it straight away !!!
Thanks, yep I’m getting the fetching ceramic coating via the centre. It’s a freebie they are throwing in - I checked and they send it to an external detailed to do it so not so bad.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:28 am
Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 am Looks nice as it is , and I love those wheels

Thanks, yep I’m getting the fetching ceramic coating via the centre. It’s a freebie they are throwing in - I checked and they send it to an external detailed to do it so not so bad.
You probably know that is not the correct thing to do….
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I wouldn’t do the gloss black on the exterior parts, it will be mega hard to keep swirl free and quickly become bad looking. Yes your ceramic coating may help a bit but even the professional detailer will tell you that even with the best of products and wash techniques it’s impossible to keep gloss black looking good.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Tracky wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:04 am
sd1985 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:28 am

You probably know that is not the correct thing to do….
I’ve heard it can be bad, but after speaking to the centre they assure me that the detailer they use will make it perfect with zero swirls etc.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

MCDK wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:23 am I wouldn’t do the gloss black on the exterior parts, it will be mega hard to keep swirl free and quickly become bad looking. Yes your ceramic coating may help a bit but even the professional detailer will tell you that even with the best of products and wash techniques it’s impossible to keep gloss black looking good.
Thanks, yep edging towards keeping it Matt black, and had not considered how high gloss swirls so easily.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:51 pm Hi All

Could I please have some feedback and advice on my build? :)

I had my deposit down in June this year and lucky enough to to have one of the first build slots - build will be October and delivery in November.

Will be a GTS, just deciding on spec. This is my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNRFMMC4

Key things I’m undecided on:

1) Whether to have the front grill in the standard Matt black or with the high gloss options. Which would look best with jet black metallic paint?

2) Wheels: undecided between standard Matt black RS spiders or the high gloss GT design wheels. It feels like Matt RS spyders if I stick with the Matt black front grill and the high gloss GT design wheels if the front grill is high gloss. Thinking is it will blend better (I.e Matt with Matt or gloss with gloss). What do you guys think?

I had never been a fan of black wheels but the new ones look nicer. Previously I was sold on getting the 911 turbo design wheels.

Keen to hear people’s thoughts

3) steering wheel: should I option the heated GT sports steering wheel. I dont really need heated steering, any other benefit of having the GT wheel?

4) BOSE speaker: do these really help resale. I find the standard speakers really good as I don’t listen to music loud. Just adding for resale but thinking I might be wrong with my thinking. Could save £800!

5) interior: I don’t want to pay more for deviated stitching so it’s the standard black leather Interior or the black/Bordeaux red option which is only £161. Which would look best do you think, I know it’s subjective so just keen to hear people’s opinions,

Would be great to get some feedback thanks.

Cheers
Had a half red/black interior on my dark grey S2000 - loved it and have now done it again on my Dolomite Turbo incoming next month. I've had my fill of all black interiors but the red only works with certain exterior colours.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose