2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

macman_ wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 pm So I’m thinking of ordering the Macan GTS. Spoke to the OPC in Cardiff and they say the lead time is 2nd quarter of 2022!! :o

I see other people are getting much earlier build dates. Should I go somewhere else and does anyone know where I might get the quickest build slot?

Thanks
Yes call lots of dealers - I’ve always managed to jump Qs and got new models early. Maybe luck but it can be done. Luckily mine has always been my local one anyway !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

hood69

Post by hood69 »

Heard from a couple of OPC sources that GTS will be delayed now as the factory that makes the air suspension systems for Porsche was flooded in Germany.
So anything with air suspension will be delayed .
S models might be OK but GTS will suffer.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Germany, they will be back in production by Friday!!!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Dickies explains things really well. There's no way whatsoever that I'm going to blow away my hard-earned cash on a PCP contract. I'm Scottish and tight. The TCO (total cost of ownership) under PCP is horrendous. For a Macan, it's potentially thousands of pounds more per year than other means of finance. I'd avoid PCP at all costs.

Mind the finance company is buying the car 'cash' from the dealer and then shafting you under a finance scheme that the majority of people fail to understand, or don't care to understand. The finance company is making loads of money from you.

PCP schemes make some sense for some people on cheaper cars. I appreciate some people can barely afford a car, so a PCP on a sensible car may be the best option for them. But it's a completely crazy thing to do on a more expensive car.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

interested to hear what OPC's people are dealing with that don't have long build slot queues, the wait with mine is crazy
Miniman

Post by Miniman »

hood69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm Heard from a couple of OPC sources that GTS will be delayed now as the factory that makes the air suspension systems for Porsche was flooded in Germany.
You aren’t wrong. I was due to lock my spec in Thursday, and that was delayed until yesterday.

PASM will not be available to order for quite some time
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

jonnydrama wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:58 pm interested to hear what OPC's people are dealing with that don't have long build slot queues, the wait with mine is crazy
The queues are spec dependant. Spoke with SE this week he confirmed ( as has been stated several times here) main elements causing delays due to chip shortages are air suspension, 18 way-seats, electric adjust steering ( thought that would also affect 14 way?) and cars delivered with just one electronic and one manual key. Has anyone here had just one key upon handover?
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Miniman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 pm
hood69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm Heard from a couple of OPC sources that GTS will be delayed now as the factory that makes the air suspension systems for Porsche was flooded in Germany.
You aren’t wrong. I was due to lock my spec in Thursday, and that was delayed until yesterday.

The base 4cyl Macan is the only one that doesn’t have PASM as standard
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:23 pm
Miniman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 pm

The base 4cyl Macan is the only one that doesn’t have PASM as standard
There is a post on Pistonheads I paste below which implies they are planning to build Gen 3 initial GTS's with air but no PASM rather than postpone builds due to chip shortages which would make me very jumpy if I had an order in for S or GTS.:_

"Took a call this morning from OPC telling me my new Macan GTS due in Oct would not have the standard PASM and a couple of other standard options. Due to flooding and chip shortage causing manufacturing issues. They advised to push back the order as these may be difficult to resale. Any one else been given this information?"

Or is this a OPC pulling wool over eyes to persuade someone to take a later build slot. I cannot believe Porsche will build any Gen 3 S's or GTS 's without PASM and just Air with no adjustable damping
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

In a similar vein, we ordered a new SEAT Leon 2.0i FR with PDK and the delivery was delayed by a further 3 months. When it eventually arrived it did not have the "flappy paddles" for the gear change on the steering wheel. This was clearly stated on the sales brochure as being a feature. The dealer did not notice the ommission!

We took delivery, but only on the written condition that it was retrospectively fitted. In the end I had to contact SEAT GB to insit that this was honoured. Two months later the steering wheel was swapped out and the correct one fitted.
Last edited by SAC1 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver