2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Winryn wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 pm

They say they don’t provide/show screenshots! They have also said that they don't know their allocation as yet but, in the same breath, they say they have the biggest allocation in their group.
I’m surprised at this comment about allocation however. I had to cancel and go with a different dealership as they had double the allocation Wolverhampton had so halved my GTS lead time. It was a different group though so maybe they are the biggest stratstone?
Stratstone were who I bought the Aston through. I would never, ever go anywhere near them again. Guess with a lot of these things it depends on the SE and the branch though.

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:18 pm
jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Mine is an S, with air and 8 way seats without memory package. I got a cancelled build slot so only put deposit down end of August/beginning September.
Thanks. I hope everything goes smoothly. 😊

There really is quite a noticeable difference in almost all aspects of the buying process at different OPCs, at the moment. My deposit went in early August and also got a cancelled build slot, apparently in December, however, the OPC can’t/won’t even tell me where I sit on their order book!!

Frustrated of Shropshire.
Have they provided you a print out/screen shot of their ordering system showing the allocation number and your name against the allocation? If so there should be an estimated completion date against that(even if it doesn’t turn out to be accurate).
It all depends on the relationship/rapport you build with the sales rep at your OPC. Simple as that really.

If it’s not going well you won’t get the best updates, and it will reactive - rightly or wrongly that’s just human.

If the relationship is good then you can expect a lot more. I have screenshots and know the exact status of my car (I.e. when it’s fixed into production, completion date, when it enters/exits factory in Germany etc).

Learn to schmooze, I find using the word ‘would you be willing to share a screenshot for my eyes only over WhatsApp, appreciate it’s not the done thing but would give me some confidence etc.’

My GTd is due to be completed in less than 4 weeks.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Macan GTD, now that would be an excellent motorway/ autobahn vehicle with its slightly lower stance ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

sd1985 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:43 am
jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Thanks. I hope everything goes smoothly. 😊

There really is quite a noticeable difference in almost all aspects of the buying process at different OPCs, at the moment. My deposit went in early August and also got a cancelled build slot, apparently in December, however, the OPC can’t/won’t even tell me where I sit on their order book!!

Frustrated of Shropshire.
Have they provided you a print out/screen shot of their ordering system showing the allocation number and your name against the allocation? If so there should be an estimated completion date against that(even if it doesn’t turn out to be accurate).
It all depends on the relationship/rapport you build with the sales rep at your OPC. Simple as that really.

If it’s not going well you won’t get the best updates, and it will reactive - rightly or wrongly that’s just human.

If the relationship is good then you can expect a lot more. I have screenshots and know the exact status of my car (I.e. when it’s fixed into production, completion date, when it enters/exits factory in Germany etc).

Learn to schmooze, I find using the word ‘would you be willing to share a screenshot for my eyes only over WhatsApp, appreciate it’s not the done thing but would give me some confidence etc.’

I schmooze with the best of them, and I’d say my relationship is really quite good with the SE. I’ve tried all different manner of approach, so far.

I have a call booked for This Friday. If I don't get any more information from the SE other than what I already know (only that they have received my deposit on 4 Aug 21) I will probably escalate to the SM.

Unfortunately, I am not close enough to the OPC or I would visit.
Deleted User 4436

My build date has moved on my S……

Its come forward by a week 😊
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 am My build date has moved on my S……

When did you order it and when is it now due?
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 am My build date has moved on my S……

Nice! :D

Starting to feel like the delays we have all been fearing arent reality - or at least as far as the forum members go.
Deleted User 4436

BanZ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:35 am

Starting to feel like the delays we have all been fearing arent reality - or at least as far as the forum members go.
I agree. As I said in some of my posts, if things were really as bad as some people were saying I am sure we would have heard about it in places other than forums ( eg motoring press etc ). Doesn’t even sound like the addition of air suspension is actually making a difference.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am
BanZ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:35 am

I agree. As I said in some of my posts, if things were really as bad as some people were saying I am sure we would have heard about it in places other than forums ( eg motoring press etc ). Doesn’t even sound like the addition of air suspension is actually making a difference.
The situation must be relatively flakey as Used car prices are increasing which is mainly down to supply/availability of New stock 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

jharrower wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 am
sd1985 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:43 am

I schmooze with the best of them, and I’d say my relationship is really quite good with the SE. I’ve tried all different manner of approach, so far.

I have a call booked for This Friday. If I don't get any more information from the SE other than what I already know (only that they have received my deposit on 4 Aug 21) I will probably escalate to the SM.

Unfortunately, I am not close enough to the OPC or I would visit.
Do you have an allocation? It might be that in the system it’s all showing blank for the OPC just now

So no real update to provide you. Find out the vehicle status code, normally starts with V followed by 2 or 3 digits. There is a good thread on what the different codes mean (for example, v200 is delivery date determined, v250 is vehicle fixed in production etc)