2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Sniperob wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:41 pm
martinto8 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:37 pm

I paid my £3k deposit with my Amex with no problems. They said £5k max in totality with me so for the remaining I could pay £2k + bank transfer for the rest on collection
Yes, sorry, to clarify I paid the initial £3k on a credit card ( but not Amex because they didn’t take it, frankly hardly anywhere does ) but then the top up part to make 10% of the value of the car and any final payment if you want to pay more than 10% deposit ( PCP in my case ) has to be BT or DC. That’s how it worked for me.
I paid my £3k deposit using my BA Amex through the link I was sent by the SE. I'm hoping to do the same for the remaining deposit so I can get the companion voucher although it sounds like it may not be possible but I will ask. Probably going to be a while before I have to pay the next part of the deposit anyway as the first part was only paid a month ago.
Bit off topic, but companion vouchers have never proven much use for me. I have 2 sitting in my account but can never find any flights I can use them on.

I paid the £3K in store, so maybe its different if you do it on line.

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Yes, sorry, to clarify I paid the initial £3k on a credit card ( but not Amex because they didn’t take it, frankly hardly anywhere does ) but then the top up part to make 10% of the value of the car and any final payment if you want to pay more than 10% deposit ( PCP in my case ) has to be BT or DC. That’s how it worked for me.
I paid my £3k deposit using my BA Amex through the link I was sent by the SE. I'm hoping to do the same for the remaining deposit so I can get the companion voucher although it sounds like it may not be possible but I will ask. Probably going to be a while before I have to pay the next part of the deposit anyway as the first part was only paid a month ago.
Bit off topic, but companion vouchers have never proven much use for me. I have 2 sitting in my account but can never find any flights I can use them on.

Generally you have to book pretty far in advance if you want a choice of destination and business class. Think I booked about 11months in advance when I used a companion voucher to Korea which was the last time before covid. Seatspy is a good tool if you want to find reward flights but they have just started charging for the service sadly.
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Generally you have to book pretty far in advance if you want a choice of destination and business class. Think I booked about 11months in advance when I used a companion voucher to Korea which was the last time before covid. Seatspy is a good tool if you want to find reward flights but they have just started charging for the service sadly.
I agree, you have to be pretty quick to get them but the good news is that BA has recently increased the number of reward seats available per flight so it might be a little easier to get them now.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:34 am
sd1985 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:01 am
Also just put £5k down yesterday for a 992 targa 4s :)
I need to cheque my EUA account - must have missed something :D
For JORCness sake, hopefully EUA comes through before it locks for production - might have to cancel the order if it doesn’t 😂😂
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

They are useless - my missus has them after spending lots on her BA Amex

Can’t get flights at the right times or dates

So we are switching to MBNA
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

For those with cars that were on the 15th build date I have had an update today from our SE. Our Macan is built and is en route to Emden. I can imagine the same will be the case for the other cars with that build date. I am being told 2 weeks until it'll be here. Not long to wait now guys.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

My build date was also the 15th as it was brought forward a couple of weeks but my OPC said its looking to be on schedule for December delivery when she notified me of the date change....
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Out of interest, how long does it actually take to build the Macan, once it starts production??
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

MacanSman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:14 pm My build date was also the 15th as it was brought forward a couple of weeks but my OPC said its looking to be on schedule for December delivery when she notified me of the date change....
Thats a long time between build and delivery. Not sure how long the car takes to build but ours went into build on the 15th and passed quality checks on the 17th.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

MacanSman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:15 pm Out of interest, how long does it actually take to build the Macan, once it starts production??
It takes 1-2days to make a macan.

- video of how they are made if it’s of interest.