2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

pmg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:01 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:23 pm
Miniman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 pm

You aren’t wrong. I was due to lock my spec in Thursday, and that was delayed until yesterday.

PASM will not be available to order for quite some time
The base 4cyl Macan is the only one that doesn’t have PASM as standard
There is a post on Pistonheads I paste below which implies they are planning to build Gen 3 initial GTS's with air but no PASM rather than postpone builds due to chip shortages which would make me very jumpy if I had an order in for S or GTS.:_

"Took a call this morning from OPC telling me my new Macan GTS due in Oct would not have the standard PASM and a couple of other standard options. Due to flooding and chip shortage causing manufacturing issues. They advised to push back the order as these may be difficult to resale. Any one else been given this information?"

Or is this a OPC pulling wool over eyes to persuade someone to take a later build slot. I cannot believe Porsche will build any Gen 3 S's or GTS 's without PASM and just Air with no adjustable damping
Air includes adjustable damping …
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

pmg

Post by pmg »

Tracky wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:12 pm
pmg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:01 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:23 pm

The base 4cyl Macan is the only one that doesn’t have PASM as standard
There is a post on Pistonheads I paste below which implies they are planning to build Gen 3 initial GTS's with air but no PASM rather than postpone builds due to chip shortages which would make me very jumpy if I had an order in for S or GTS.:_

"Took a call this morning from OPC telling me my new Macan GTS due in Oct would not have the standard PASM and a couple of other standard options. Due to flooding and chip shortage causing manufacturing issues. They advised to push back the order as these may be difficult to resale. Any one else been given this information?"

Or is this a OPC pulling wool over eyes to persuade someone to take a later build slot. I cannot believe Porsche will build any Gen 3 S's or GTS 's without PASM and just Air with no adjustable damping
Air includes adjustable damping …
That was my initial reaction but then the OPC's comment to Pistonheads member makes no sense which I suppose would not be the 1st time OPC's salesmen have spoke nonsense.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Re air. Can someone clear this up please as I was of the understanding that air suspension, GTS or not, all include PASM in order for it to work?
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Surely air includes PASM? I don't think there's such a thing as air without PASM; air suspension needs 'active suspension' management for it to work in the first place.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Historically air has included PASM, but I don’t think it has to in order to work. Air suspension is just another type of spring and can have a fixed damper rate. PASM is a variable damper control system that can be applied to air or steel springs. Personally I wouldn’t want a Porsche without PASM but many drivers would be happy without.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 pm Historically air has included PASM, but I don’t think it has to in order to work. Air suspension is just another type of spring and can have a fixed damper rate. PASM is a variable damper control system that can be applied to air or steel springs. Personally I wouldn’t want a Porsche without PASM but many drivers would be happy without.
That is consistent with my understanding. the issue for a car with air and no PASM with fixed damper response would be which ride height to do set the damper rate for. Low, comfort/normal, or offroad. I just do not believe Porsche would be that desperate to get cars through the factory they would build cars with air and without PASM rather than wait for the chips to arrive.
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:33 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 pm Historically air has included PASM, but I don’t think it has to in order to work. Air suspension is just another type of spring and can have a fixed damper rate. PASM is a variable damper control system that can be applied to air or steel springs. Personally I wouldn’t want a Porsche without PASM but many drivers would be happy without.
That is consistent with my understanding. the issue for a car with air and no PASM with fixed damper response would be which ride height to do set the damper rate for. Low, comfort/normal, or offroad. I just do not believe Porsche would be that desperate to get cars through the factory they would build cars with air and without PASM rather than wait for the chips to arrive.

I still think the Pistonhead s member's OPC has got the wrong end of the stick somewhere
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I just read through my contract the was sent to me on Thursday and it includes GTS PASM in the full spec.
Miniman

Post by Miniman »

This is what I received from Porsche. I have delayed my order due to this

The impact of the recent floods to Macan production.

The order stop on options 1BK – Adaptive Air Suspension with PASM and option 1BH – PASM. meaning we could no longer add these options up to and including October production.

We have been advised that we now have to remove these two options off of all Macans in pre-production. As of right now, we are removing these options until the end of October production.

Further to this, vehicles that have PASM as standard, Macan S and Macan GTS and Macan Turbo (MY21) will now be delayed until the stability of the supplier has been restored.

Porsche have stated that they will continue to build New Macan and to advise the customer if they would like to delay the build until the component issue is resolved.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Miniman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:06 am This is what I received from Porsche. I have delayed my order due to this

The impact of the recent floods to Macan production.

The order stop on options 1BK – Adaptive Air Suspension with PASM and option 1BH – PASM. meaning we could no longer add these options up to and including October production.

We have been advised that we now have to remove these two options off of all Macans in pre-production. As of right now, we are removing these options until the end of October production.

Further to this, vehicles that have PASM as standard, Macan S and Macan GTS and Macan Turbo (MY21) will now be delayed until the stability of the supplier has been restored.

Porsche have stated that they will continue to build New Macan and to advise the customer if they would like to delay the build until the component issue is resolved.
I am still waiting for my delivery of a Gen 2 GTS and this isn’t due to land until late October for collection. I’ve not heard from my OPC regarding any issues in terms of PASM. I sure won’t be accepting any vehicle without it. I also have 18 way seats specced. Only last week I got invited to the PEC day which I don’t think would have happened unless my order is properly ‘locked’ as my £3k deposit is no longer refundable so presumably this would cover the cost of the PEC day should I not complete the order. But of course Porsche have to supply the product on their side.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44