2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

pmg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:01 am Macan GTD, now that would be an excellent motorway/ autobahn vehicle with its slightly lower stance ;) ;) ;)
Lol haha
Fat fingers

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:01 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am
BanZ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:35 am

Nice! :D

Starting to feel like the delays we have all been fearing arent reality - or at least as far as the forum members go.
I agree. As I said in some of my posts, if things were really as bad as some people were saying I am sure we would have heard about it in places other than forums ( eg motoring press etc ). Doesn’t even sound like the addition of air suspension is actually making a difference.
The situation must be relatively flakey as Used car prices are increasing which is mainly down to supply/availability of New stock 🤔
There’s clearly a global shortage of chips, that’s been very heavily reported. But it seems the flooding in Germany hasn’t had as much impact as we feared. Also, as Porsche deliveries are already slow they may have factored the shortages in to their delivery dates.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 am My build date has moved on my S……

Its come forward by a week 😊
Same here, it’s now showing as the build completing on the 17th of October.
Deleted User 4436

mistercesq wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:31 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 am My build date has moved on my S……

Its come forward by a week 😊
Same here, it’s now showing as the build completing on the 17th of October.
👍
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:30 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:01 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am

I agree. As I said in some of my posts, if things were really as bad as some people were saying I am sure we would have heard about it in places other than forums ( eg motoring press etc ). Doesn’t even sound like the addition of air suspension is actually making a difference.
The situation must be relatively flakey as Used car prices are increasing which is mainly down to supply/availability of New stock 🤔
There’s clearly a global shortage of chips, that’s been very heavily reported. But it seems the flooding in Germany hasn’t had as much impact as we feared. Also, as Porsche deliveries are already slow they may have factored the shortages in to their delivery dates.
I was told 2 bits of information from my dealer. Firstly the air suspension flooding caused a 2 week delay and shouldn’t cause any further issues. Secondly that Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini are not too effected by the chip shortage. Basically vag are diverting chips away from such cars as polos and golfs and into the higher margin cars. Why sell one car at £15k when they can land a £100k sale putting them in another car I suppose
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I got a call on Monday to say my base was still showing as “in build” and should have left factory on the 24th but hasn’t yet. Originally it should have finished production on the 15th.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4436

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:53 am I got a call on Monday to say my base was still showing as “in build” and should have left factory on the 24th but hasn’t yet. Originally it should have finished production on the 15th.
That’s annoying. Not sure how its technically possible either. They are built on a production line and take less than a day to build.
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:16 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:53 am I got a call on Monday to say my base was still showing as “in build” and should have left factory on the 24th but hasn’t yet. Originally it should have finished production on the 15th.
That’s annoying. Not sure how its technically possible either. They are built on a production line and take less than a day to build.
Car fails on inspection and is taken off the line for rectification.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:16 pm
They’ve probably parked it aside and then retrofit the missing part later? My original gen2 S order I made in April was meant to be for June delivery. According to their computer it entered the factory in July and hasn’t come out since :roll: The estimated delivery date was put back to 30th October! It was for this reason and also hearing about the gen 3 that I cancelled this order and luckily found a cancelled sept slot for the gen3.

Just spoke to my OPC, they said the car looks ‘awesome’. At least this has put my mind at ease that it actually exists! :D On another note and a warning to those expecting their cars in the next few weeks that I can’t get the car insured anywhere as the gen 3s are not on their computer system. I was told that due to the car being high value, they were not comfortable giving a quote not having done a full risk assessment. They said this process of adding a new model / derivative could take up to 2 months to update! As I’m picking up the car tomorrow I’ve had to take out the Porsche Drive Away Insurance and then sort this out later!
pmg

Post by pmg »

PMS888 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:42 pm On another note and a warning to those expecting their cars in the next few weeks that I can’t get the car insured anywhere as the gen 3s are not on their computer system. I was told that due to the car being high value, they were not comfortable giving a quote not having done a full risk assessment. They said this process of adding a new model / derivative could take up to 2 months to update! As I’m picking up the car tomorrow I’ve had to take out the Porsche Drive Away Insurance and then sort this out later!
Agreed, that was an issue when the first Gen 2 S's arrive. Some insurers refused a quote, others quoted on the basis of Gen 1 S recognising the power increase was minor. This time we have the issue of the S getting GTS power and the GTS getting Turbo power
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8