2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Thanks Minimal, I will be speaking to OPC tomorrow as I definitely do not want a car without PASM or any other extras I've ordered either!

Deleted User 4325

Thanks Miniman, I will be speaking to OPC tomorrow as I definitely do not want a car without PASM or any other extras I've ordered either!
Deleted User 4325

Apologies for typo!
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

We’ve been told by OPC that it’s likely a March delivery if you want PASM but that’s for a base Gen 3 Macan. Putting down our deposit tomorrow to secure as we’re fortunately not in a rush so happy to wait. Assuming it’s not delayed further though!
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Just spoken to my OPC with regards to the PASM/Air Sus.

He said you can have the car earlier if you can do without the affected parts but if you can wait they're hoping to have factory back up to full capacity by November so realistically Q1 2022 for delivery.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Beaverman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 am
Miniman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:06 am This is what I received from Porsche. I have delayed my order due to this

The impact of the recent floods to Macan production.

The order stop on options 1BK – Adaptive Air Suspension with PASM and option 1BH – PASM. meaning we could no longer add these options up to and including October production.

We have been advised that we now have to remove these two options off of all Macans in pre-production. As of right now, we are removing these options until the end of October production.

Further to this, vehicles that have PASM as standard, Macan S and Macan GTS and Macan Turbo (MY21) will now be delayed until the stability of the supplier has been restored.

Porsche have stated that they will continue to build New Macan and to advise the customer if they would like to delay the build until the component issue is resolved.
I am still waiting for my delivery of a Gen 2 GTS and this isn’t due to land until late October for collection. I’ve not heard from my OPC regarding any issues in terms of PASM. I sure won’t be accepting any vehicle without it. I also have 18 way seats specced. Only last week I got invited to the PEC day which I don’t think would have happened unless my order is properly ‘locked’ as my £3k deposit is no longer refundable so presumably this would cover the cost of the PEC day should I not complete the order. But of course Porsche have to supply the product on their side.
If they can't deliver the car as ordered I would have thought everyone has the right to cancel it with a full refund. Incidentally my OPC told me they never hold anyone to a "non-refundable" deposit because it would mean you'd never buy another car from Porsche. Hopefully that wasn't just sales talk.
Deleted User 4436

BTW, if you want to see a positive here, it means I hold on to my final payment for a bit longer. If you want to see a pretty big negative, it means I may be without a car over xmas, which would be a major problem (for me, sure everyone else will cope).
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

My Gen 2 Turbo started build last Saturday and email from OPC said nothing of anything missing in the spec which includes air, pasm and 18 way seats. Only thing he mentioned was we slipped a week on build which was due to start on the 23rd July ...
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

There still seems to be some ambiguity as to whether this affects all cars with PASM or just those with air. ZF is the factory that got flooded and they are currently making parts by hand as the production line was completely destroyed. The affected factory makes valves so I’m unsure exactly what part of the suspension this would entail.

I have a Macan S on order with October build and have heard nothing about PASM not being included. PASM with air might be another matter though.
Deleted User 4436

mistercesq wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm There still seems to be some ambiguity as to whether this affects all cars with PASM or just those with air. ZF is the factory that got flooded and they are currently making parts by hand as the production line was completely destroyed. The affected factory makes valves so I’m unsure exactly what part of the suspension this would entail.

I have a Macan S on order with October build and have heard nothing about PASM not being included. PASM with air might be another matter though.
I’m the same ( Macan S with Oct Build, late Oct/Early Nov delivery). I haven’t been told anything to the contrary yet and I did ask about it last weekend when I went in to pay the remainder of the 10% deposit and they said they hadn’t heard anything ( Mid Sussex ).