2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GaryGaryGary

Post by GaryGaryGary »

First post, found the forum following the search for a new Macan for my wife, looks like I’ve left it too late. Sent emails out to a few dealers a week ago and not a single reply

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

GaryGaryGary wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:33 am First post, found the forum following the search for a new Macan for my wife, looks like I’ve left it too late. Sent emails out to a few dealers a week ago and not a single reply
Hi Dave

I’d pick up the phone to a few.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

GaryGaryGary wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:33 am First post, found the forum following the search for a new Macan for my wife, looks like I’ve left it too late. Sent emails out to a few dealers a week ago and not a single reply
Welcome! :)

I agree with Tracky. You’re likely to get a quicker response by phoning, compared to pinging out emails. ;)

Good luck!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome

Call into your nearest Porsche dealer and see what they can do for you. Sometimes they have a cancelled order opportunity or perhaps their own demonstrator for sale.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Hi, I’d like to chase my OPC to find out what is happening to my Jul’21 placed S order. I was told, in mid Nov.,
that :-
“you are now next in line which means you should have one for March!“

So should the OPC already have an order ref. from Porsche?

What should I be asking for? An ‘allocation’ or ‘commission’ no.? , status code, estimated build week ???

Thanks
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I have had the same issues and kept getting different stories each time.
I asked for the relevant number/s to be fobbed off and shown different screens each time I went.
It really doesn't inspire any confidence whatsoever. In fact it just made me think there was underhand stuff going on especially given when cars started arriving and delivered. That would have meant people getting cars now would have put their deposits down December last year which is *******s.
Bare in mind I put my deposit down in April.
Anyways mine is supposedly being built end of January and I'm sure will be worth the wait.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

@ Nell. You certainly have been waiting a long time. Hmmm, yes, you could be correct, more than likely various nefarious juggling round of orders going on.

My SE has gone MIA, no response. Might have to vist the OPC to see what I can find out.

Keeping fingers crossed when my mythical car turns up it doesn’t get a ‘Stop Sale’ for missing parts.
I’d like to get it before I turn grey 🤨.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Zadkiel wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:09 am Hi, I’d like to chase my OPC to find out what is happening to my Jul’21 placed S order. I was told, in mid Nov.,
that :-
“you are now next in line which means you should have one for March!“

So should the OPC already have an order ref. from Porsche?

What should I be asking for? An ‘allocation’ or ‘commission’ no.? , status code, estimated build week ???

Thanks
It’s means you’re still on the list waiting for a build allocation. Only when you have been given a build slot aka allocation then you will have a lock date, build date and estimated delivery. Being now next in line effectively means they have fulfilled the orders before yours and you will given the first S allocation when they receive their next round.

Tbh if you haven’t been assigned an allocation yet I would say March is very optimistic. I got my allocation for the Mrs GTS in early Nov. Early Jan lock, Early Feb build. Delivery late Feb/early March. If you follow those dates you can see what I mean by optimistic.
GaryGaryGary

Post by GaryGaryGary »

Thank you everyone, had a call around today and managed to part with a GTS order and paid a deposit for the EV Macan too.

First build and last as happy with what I’ve built for the wife/me🙄 I’m in for a long wait but had a long chat with a guy that’s been there a long time so hopefully in safe hands!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNPRLM2
resjud

Post by resjud »

GaryGaryGary wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 pm Thank you everyone, had a call around today and managed to part with a GTS order and paid a deposit for the EV Macan too.

First build and last as happy with what I’ve built for the wife/me🙄 I’m in for a long wait but had a long chat with a guy that’s been there a long time so hopefully in safe hands!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNNPRLM2
Congrats! Which OPC accepted an EV deposit from you? I’ve asked about that and been told that I can’t pay one or reserve a slot until the model is officially launched and the dealer thus has something concrete against which to “allocate” my deposit payment.
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1