2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Atlantis wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:45 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 pm
Atlantis wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:35 pm

20th July (Gen3 launch day). Had been in discussions with dealer beforehand and had already test drove a Gen2 in anticipation.
just checked dates, put my deposit down on the 10th July. Build date is 31st Oct, which seems about right based on you order and build dates. Must admit, when I put my order in I didn’t even know there was a face lift version due out. My OPC is Mid Sussex.
My OPC is Exeter and they wouldn’t take a Gen3 order until it was officially announced.
mine wouldn’t officially take the order because I obviously couldn’t spec it but said that the deposit bought me a place in the queue. Don’t know if that was true or not but I would guess it is based on the fact that mine seems to be slightly ahead of yours. I then “Re-specced” it once the configurator was live.

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 pm

oky doke, Still, some lucky people should still be getting theirs this year.

When did you actually put your S order in?
20th July (Gen3 launch day). Had been in discussions with dealer beforehand and had already test drove a Gen2 in anticipation.
just checked dates, put my deposit down on the 10th July. Build date is 31st Oct, which seems about right based on you order and build dates. Must admit, when I put my order in I didn’t even know there was a face lift version due out. My OPC is Mid Sussex.

Omni,

have they given you written proof of a build date as OPC Reading have categorically stated they have no build dates for Gen 3 cars. OPC Reading is owned by and is situated next door to Porsche GB HQ so I would imagine they would know?

I popped into OPC Guildford which is also owned by Porsche GB and heard a salesperson tell a prospective customer that they probably wouldn't get a GTS next year unless there were cancelled orders, which would confirm other posts.

My deposit went down in April, I configgered a car and I was offered a June build date. I declined as it would have been Gen 2. I was then offered a September build date but at that point still didn't know whether that would be Gen 2 or 3 so declined. Then the sh*t his the fan with semi conductors then floods?!?!?!?!

btw we must be fairly local so I would like to buy you a pint when we eventually do get our cars!!!! Assuming we can find fuel for them by then!?!?!?!

:roll:
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Omni,

have they given you written proof of a build date as OPC Reading have categorically stated they have no build dates for Gen 3 cars. OPC Reading is owned by and is situated next door to Porsche GB HQ so I would imagine they would know?

I popped into OPC Guildford which is also owned by Porsche GB and heard a salesperson tell a prospective customer that they probably wouldn't get a GTS next year unless there were cancelled orders, which would confirm other posts.

My deposit went down in April, I configgered a car and I was offered a June build date. I declined as it would have been Gen 2. I was then offered a September build date but at that point still didn't know whether that would be Gen 2 or 3 so declined. Then the sh*t his the fan with semi conductors then floods?!?!?!?!

btw we must be fairly local so I would like to buy you a pint when we eventually do get our cars!!!! Assuming we can find fuel for them by then!?!?!?!

:roll:
Not written, but they told me without me asking. I popped in to check out seats and they said “ oh, we have some good news, we’ve had confirmation of your build date and its 31st Oct”. I’ve checked a couple of times with them since and they have confirmed ( via email ) that the build date hasn’t changed.

A pint sounds like a good plan. I’m down at Goodwood quite often, so maybe meet at one of the breakfast clubs. Like you say, by then I’m sure we’ll be able to power our cars with a “Mr Fusion”
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

I chased yesterday. My car is due to leave Quality Control on the 24th October and will arrive approximately 3 weeks afterwards. My lock in date is showing as the 24th September.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Wow!! It's been 3 days without any news on Build Dates. Assume we have all accepted the inevitable.... 🤐
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am Wow!! It's been 3 days without any news on Build Dates. Assume we have all accepted the inevitable.... 🤐
What, that out build dates haven’t changed?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

No Omni,
That some like me are being fed the Opium for the Masses party line BS from our OPCs. Hopefully this won't apply to S orders so much. But then again... 🤔
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am No Omni,
That some like me are being fed the Opium for the Masses party line BS from our OPCs. Hopefully this won't apply to S orders so much. But then again... 🤔
I totally understand, honestly. And I really don’t mean to come across as smug as I know that’ll bite me in the arse when my S doesn’t turn up in Nov.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Who is 'expecting' to receive their Macan first/early?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am No Omni,
I totally understand, honestly. And I really don’t mean to come across as smug as I know that’ll bite me in the arse when my S doesn’t turn up in Nov.
All's good Omni,
I am cynical by nature. I need something else to dominate my thoughts perhaps I'll join a knitting forum 😉