2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:11 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:02 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:57 pm
I suspect it’s a convenient excuse.
For what? And why would they? Car manufacturers globally are suffering production delays due to semiconductor shortages and Porsche is no exception. Historically Porsche have had lengthy (compared with others) lead times but have always been open and pretty accurate with that, and it’s one reason why used values are so good. So I think it’s false to say that Porsche are sloppy with delivery predictions and will use any excuse to justify it.
i’m not saying there isn’t a shortage, what I am saying is that Porsche, and other manufacturers, can use it as an excuse to cover a plethora of ineptitude.
I realise that, and what I’m saying is that they don’t. I know it’s fashionable to complain about perceived poor service when felt to be on the receiving end, but decades of experience tells us that Porsche don’t indulge in that sort of behaviour. Again, why should they? It would only serve to damage their long term and hard earned reputation as a premium sports car manufacturer.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:30 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:02 pm
For what? And why would they? Car manufacturers globally are suffering production delays due to semiconductor shortages and Porsche is no exception. Historically Porsche have had lengthy (compared with others) lead times but have always been open and pretty accurate with that, and it’s one reason why used values are so good. So I think it’s false to say that Porsche are sloppy with delivery predictions and will use any excuse to justify it.
i’m not saying there isn’t a shortage, what I am saying is that Porsche, and other manufacturers, can use it as an excuse to cover a plethora of ineptitude.
I realise that, and what I’m saying is that they don’t. I know it’s fashionable to complain about perceived poor service when felt to be on the receiving end, but decades of experience tells us that Porsche don’t indulge in that sort of behaviour. Again, why should they? It would only serve to damage their long term and hard earned reputation as a premium sports car manufacturer.
read some of the comments people are leaving about the “service” they have been receiving. I’ve received terrible service and outright lies from Aston Martin dealers, ( well, one to be fair) a company much higher up the automotive ladder than Porsche ( AM don’t sell cars as cheap as the Macan ). If you think a car salesman has never lied to you or has never treated you with slightly less respect than you should be getting given the money you are spending then I think you are a very lucky man. Individual sales people care about their commission, and if they can get more from someone else or another sale they will do so without batting an eyelid, and without a second thought of the brand they are selling. I personally don’t believe a car salesman would put brand reputation over their own interests. If they mess up, and they will because everyone does, they will try to find an excuse that doesn’t put the blame on themselves, and “semiconductor shortage’ is a pretty good catch-all that its very difficult to argue with. There clearly is a semi-conductor shortage, but a month ago the problem was suspension shortages due to flooding in Germany. That excuse seems to have dropped by the wayside a little though. I’m sure next year there will be some other reason for it not being the SE’s fault.

To be fare, mine has been pretty clear. He has said all along that I should treat my build date with a degree of scepticism, not because of parts issues but because he believes Porsche have never been great at communicating with their resellers.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:46 pm

read some of the comments people are leaving about the “service” they have been receiving. I’ve received terrible service and outright lies from Aston Martin dealers, ( well, one to be fair) a company much higher up the automotive ladder than Porsche ( AM don’t sell cars as cheap as the Macan ). If you think a car salesman has never lied to you or has never treated you with slightly less respect than you should be getting given the money you are spending then I think you are a very lucky man. Individual sales people care about their commission, and if they can get more from someone else or another sale they will do so without batting an eyelid, and without a second thought of the brand they are selling. I personally don’t believe a car salesman would put brand reputation over their own interests. If they mess up, and they will because everyone does, they will try to find an excuse that doesn’t put the blame on themselves, and “semiconductor shortage’ is a pretty good catch-all that its very difficult to argue with. There clearly is a semi-conductor shortage, but a month ago the problem was suspension shortages due to flooding in Germany. That excuse seems to have dropped by the wayside a little though. I’m sure next year there will be some other reason for it not being the SE’s fault.

To be fare, mine has been pretty clear. He has said all along that I should treat my build date with a degree of scepticism, not because of parts issues but because he believes Porsche have never been great at communicating with their resellers.
That's not true about a salesman selling a car to someone else for more money and wouldn't bat an eyelid.
They would get hauled over the coals for that.
There would be plenty opportunity for that with Porsches but it's not a thing that happens.
I'm not saying it never happens as I'm sure it will have but would be pretty rare I would say.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Were it common, the word would soon spread, as would the salesman's nose like as not!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

hood69 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:50 pm

That's not true about a salesman selling a car to someone else for more money and wouldn't bat an eyelid.
They would get hauled over the coals for that.
There would be plenty opportunity for that with Porsches but it's not a thing that happens.
I'm not saying it never happens as I'm sure it will have but would be pretty rare I would say.
Porsche were one of the manufacturers that did get pulled up on this with their GT products
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You’ve been on the receiving end of very poor service but that doesn’t mean it’s across the board. Yes, many other brand salespeople have low scruples and are often sort lived in their roles. While I haven’t had that poor a service I’m not that naive that it doesn’t exist, even within some Porsche franchises. There are clear examples of that here from others. I can’t speak for all the OPCs but mine, part of the Dick Lovett group have been exemplary at all times. AFAIAA none of their sales execs are on commission for Porsche car or accessory sales and they have been very clear and honest in their advice and recommendations.

For those here new to the brand you won’t be aware of the past performance but mine and other’s reported experience is not one of repeated excuses for failure to deliver. While the transport system isn’t entirely transparent the Porsche factory predictions have generally been accurate, provided external suppliers have not let them down for whatever reason. If that has happened it has been evident that the reason has been genuine. One example was the short term delivery problems with PCM modules a few years ago, but issues like that are very rare.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
GTB

Post by GTB »

I appreaciate what Nuclear Nick says and implies,

With human beings involved and of course money, there are always bad apples in every barrel, but people talk and in todays world of almost instant social media etc word can soon get about to really damage a dealers image and reputation, I dare say that Porsche also monitor the performance etc of their dealers after all bad experience reflects on the brand.

Im moving to Porsche after nearly twenty years buying new Mercs and all from a very large dealer group that operate a few Merc dealerships. In all that time only one sales guy tried to pull a fast one and he must have done so to others because after a few weeks, A new SE was in place and the previous one gone and all orders reviewed which was positive action by the dealer owners.

My last car was specced and a personal build, I was told 16 weeks for delivery, had the build slot, then out of knowhere one week after its build date and Dealer been given estimated date of delivery to the UK, my car just dissapeared off the Merc system!! I was then told it had been pulled from production line for reasons unknown and would be another 16 weeks!!, Not a happy person but your choices are very limited to what you can do. So I just get on with life thinking another four months to go, then three weeks later SE calls me to say my car had arrived at the dealership, they had no warning of its arrival and it was still showing to be built back in Germany!!

In some ways a nice surprise and although I complained to Merc UK officially never ever got a full explanation to what had happened. My own thought was it failed quality control somewhere, taken out the system, item was corrected and then shipped.

This is my first time buying a Porsche and SE at the OPC was very good and so far I have been impressed, we are living in very strange times indeed, buisnesses wish to make money, so I dont think it really is in anybody's thoughts not to provide as best a service as possible.

I hope I dont end up eating my words here............

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

Just spoken to OPC they have said my build
www.porsche-code.com/PNN24CS9
Still on for October 15th build with expected
Delivery mid /end November all things being equal
Will update you if any more info becomes available
🤞🤞
jharrower

Post by jharrower »

Ftb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:48 am Just spoken to OPC they have said my build
www.porsche-code.com/PNN24CS9