Car Theft

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:15 pm When it comes to vehicle theft, you are in the hands of the type of thief you encounter.

Those with the relay attack equipment, will generally focus on the easy target, the cars their equipment can access and the ease at which they can reach the vehicle and remove it.

You then have the thieves that will look to burgle premises to access the vehicle key. Some will do this when the premises are empty or the residents asleep. They do not want to create attention or have any interaction with occupants.

Unfortunately, there are now increasing cases of "steaming", where multiple thieves, will "rush" the front door when opened and use violence and aggression to force the owner to disclose the key location.
These thieves will rarely care about the time of day, attention created or harm caused.

Personally, I would rather have a car stolen via relay attack and not have my home violated.
i think, given the choice, I’d rather not have it stolen at all.

joking aside, all fair points. i don’t want the keyless access because I think having a lump sticking out the keyhole all the time looks crap. Oh, and I think it should probably be standard fit at this price point.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ this is the big advantage with Porsche. You can tailor your car to what YOU want, when specifying brand new. I cannot think of another make / model that gives you all these options at this £50-70k price point.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:13 pm ^^^ this is the big advantage with Porsche. You can tailor your car to what YOU want, when specifying brand new. I cannot think of another make / model that gives you all these options at this £50-70k price point.
That’s certainly one way of looking at it. You don’t work for Porsche do you? 🤣
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 pm
SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:13 pm ^^^ this is the big advantage with Porsche. You can tailor your car to what YOU want, when specifying brand new. I cannot think of another make / model that gives you all these options at this £50-70k price point.
No, but I have ordered 21 new cars in my time. The Macan is the only model that I've ordered twice, and consecutively. :) Choosing from the many options can really tailor the Macan to your personal preference (money permitting).

This forum has a wealth of knowledge to guide new order owners. However, physically examining various Macans and with extended test drives is the key to your sanity. :idea:
Steve

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 pm
No, but I have ordered 21 new cars in my time. The Macan is the only model that I've ordered twice, and consecutively. :) Choosing from the many options can really tailor the Macan to your personal preference (money permitting).

This forum has a wealth of knowledge to guide new order owners. However, physically examining various Macans and with extended test drives is the key to your sanity. :idea:
Of course there is a wealth of experience on here - it’s much easier spending somebody else’s money!!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 pm

I think its a little too late for my sanity 😳
Deleted User 4436

https://apple.news/AXXQ37OEUTyWAyN1uOGxGeg

Pertinent news story. Seem someone just ( ironically) half inched the car being driven by Tom Cruise’s body gaurd, complete with all of Mr. Cruise’s luggage, using a remote hack.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
adam b

Post by adam b »

True, most include a lot of them for free
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

adam b wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:35 pm
True, most include a lot of them for free
Nothing is for free in the car world! :lol:
Steve