Porsche Approved Repairer

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Wonder is anyone here has experience with Premier Panel Skills or M&A coachworks. They are both approved by Porsche.

Trying to see if they are good and which one I should use for some panel repair work.

Thanks,
Ben
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD

keelolo

Post by keelolo »

We used M&A via our insurer.

Comms good, offer a pickup and drop off service. They take thorough pictures of the car on pick up to detail condition.

The panel work they did was excellent and paint work finish was excellent - you couldn’t tell that there was a repair.

However, they blotted their copybook somewhat by forgetting to replace the stone chip film after blending into the rear door. Also some overspray in the door shut.

Our fault for not spending more time inspecting the car on handover as I’m sure they would have rectified. Bit disappointed though.
2017MY GTS - Gone
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Thanks kelolo, I do not expect to see overspraying issue with these premium repairers. I am going through Aviva on a no fault claim and trying to pick between the two.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

You can take the vehicle to any repairer you wish. Just have the third party insurer approve the estimate and they can pay the repairer directly.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

I know but these two are closest to me and are Porsche approved. I don't want to go to one that's not recommended by Porsche
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Ah okay, I didn't know if they were 2 you had been told to choose from. Going by their websites, I would struggle to choose between them, but would hope they are better at car repairs than keeping their website up to date :lol:

Seems Porsche are pretty picky as they only list 14 bodyshops in the UK, so there's probably nothing to choose between the 2 on your list. They will have to maintain stringent standards to continue to be listed by Porsche.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
adam b

Post by adam b »

Horrible experience of M&A with my 997 turbo

Front end damage when something hit me when car was parked outside my house.

First attempt they didn’t prime the lip spoiler so the paint peeled off !!

Second attempt they delivered it with a new and obvious chip on the front bumper

I used another approved place (Solus near Slough) many years ago and they were crap too.

I go to unapproved decent places now
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)