MY22 Burmester option

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

If you're buying a car to listen to your music then, just maybe, a Porsche is not the right one, especially one with a sports exhaust!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Thanks all for your thoughts.

I suppose I’m a bit of a hybrid, yes a car is not the best place for higher quality music esp. with sports exhaust, but as I understand it, ‘loud mode’ can be turned off when driving more sedately in ‘music frame of mind, and sometimes I do want to have a very engaging drive and the music won’t be on or the primary focus.

Anyway, I have time to think about it as my build likely won’t be until the end of this year.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Zadkiel wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:26 pm Thanks all for your thoughts.

I suppose I’m a bit of a hybrid, yes a car is not the best place for higher quality music esp. with sports exhaust, but as I understand it, ‘loud mode’ can be turned off when driving more sedately in ‘music frame of mind, and sometimes I do want to have a very engaging drive and the music won’t be on or the primary focus.

Anyway, I have time to think about it as my build likely won’t be until the end of this year.
If it helps, I changed my build several thousand times (slight exaggeration) over a couple of weeks, and probably annoyed the crap out of the OPC, but these things aren't cheap and you want to get it right. Just remember, other peoples opinions are fun but yours are important. If we listened to other people all the time we'd all be obsessed with football, EastEnders and Love Island. I for one have no interest in any of those (or bright green Porsche Macan GTS's).
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:34 pm If we listened to other people all the time we'd all be obsessed with football, EastEnders and Love Island. I for one have no interest in any of those (or bright green Porsche Macan GTS's).
I'm with you on three of the four!
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Tim92gts wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:35 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:34 pm If we listened to other people all the time we'd all be obsessed with football, EastEnders and Love Island. I for one have no interest in any of those (or bright green Porsche Macan GTS's).
I'm with you on three of the four!
🤣🤣🤣. No insult intended.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

I have the Bose in the Macan DS, it’s pretty good as generally the car is very quiet
I have Burmester in the 911, absolutely pointless as the road noise alone kills any benefit from the quality of the system!!! If I’d have spec’d the 2 from new It would have been the other way round :)
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

@r1flyguy... thanks - good to know. As my next car after the Macan is hopefully a 911 (ICE only!) I shall endeavour to do it ‘the other way round’ ( puts me in mind of a lewd joke ... something to do with a business tourist visiting a House of ill repute in China and playing golf the next day 😜).
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I've been pretty impressed with the Bose in mine, but I was coming from an old bose system in the RS6.
I did seriously think about getting Burmester, but had more important things at the time put the money towards.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Zadkiel wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm @r1flyguy... thanks - good to know. As my next car after the Macan is hopefully a 911 (ICE only!) I shall endeavour to do it ‘the other way round’ ( puts me in mind of a lewd joke ... something to do with a business tourist visiting a House of ill repute in China and playing golf the next day 😜).

No problem, as above, the Bose is very good in the Macan so I can say having the Burmester is the 911 how good it would sound in the Macan.

I’d be happy with Bose in the 911 and wouldn’t want anything more than that for me anyway.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Just to add to this I only have the standard audio system in mine. But, if you feed it good quality FLAC files it actually sounds quite good. In fact this is the first car where I have not modified the audio system. The head unit is the same for standard/Bose/ Burmester and actually has rather good DAC's in it too. I have tried a separate DAC and could not tell any difference.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.