Tracker Vodaphone - Notification of not working

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wacker

Post by Wacker »

All those that have a Porsche fitted with a Vodaphone tracker supplied by the factory need to be aware that when the tracker fails or is unable to be polled by Vodaphone only ONE text notification is sent to your nominated phone, number. This notification is only sent when the 28 day check health check is performed by Vodaphone, therefore you will have no idea the tracker has failed up this day or after. You only get one text, no email or phone call. Your tracker could be out of service for up 28 days or more, and . you only get one notification. This may have serous consequences to your insurance if the is a condition to have a tracker fitted but is found not to be working the insurance company may refuse to pay up. This issue has been reported to PUK but I have had no response yet. In my case my tracker was not working for 10 weeks and I only had one text from Vodaphone, very concerning and disappointing after paying £250 pa for the service. I'm assuming Porsche agreed the service level with Vodaphone, very poor.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Especially when you can buy a tracker for £30 one-off and a £10 sim lasts at least 2 years
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Good to know - thanks.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Madelvic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:25 pm Especially when you can buy a tracker for £30 one-off and a £10 sim lasts at least 2 years
Sounds interesting. Which tracker/sim would you suggest?
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

PMY8HV70 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:50 pm
Madelvic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:25 pm Especially when you can buy a tracker for £30 one-off and a £10 sim lasts at least 2 years
Sounds interesting. Which tracker/sim would you suggest?
I've used Coban GPS303 devices. They come in a variety of different versions, the GPS303B is the most suitable though the GPS303G works too and you don't have to connect all the cables. Just power, earth and ideally an ignition feed. I paid £21.38 a few years back on Amazon after finding a UK seller charging £180 for the same device!

SIM needs to be one that supports GPRS. Again the O2 Classic is ideal and £10 top up lasts at least a couple of years though I think they are pulling the plug on this SIM

Can track the car with a free app on your mobile (Traccar Manager on Apple) or by simply calling the SIM number and hanging up when it answers. It sends a text back to your phone with a Google maps location of your car

Function Description.jpg

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I have used this company for many years https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

When we have had vehicles stolen, their ability to track, locate and recover is second to none.

Their website isn't as good as their tracking and recovery service though!!

This is their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AutomatricsMtrack/videos
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
PMY8HV70

Post by PMY8HV70 »

Thanks for the info :D