Anyone placed an order without test driving?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

hood69 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 pm Got my GTS without a test driveand I've done that with a lot of cars I've bought.
Great car but ignore any chat of a "911 on stilts" -it's not.
Yes get the right spec and a Macan can be quiet and extremely comfortable, a better long journey car than a 911. :P :P :P :P
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:55 pm If you've put your £3k deposit down, you will then get an invitation to the Porsche Driving Experience at Silverstone. Take this up before you lock down your spec. On booking a date, ask to drive Macans with the key ones you are unsure about e.g. with or without air suspension or the new GTS air variants.
No invite for me 🥺
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:53 pm
SAC1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:55 pm If you've put your £3k deposit down, you will then get an invitation to the Porsche Driving Experience at Silverstone. Take this up before you lock down your spec. On booking a date, ask to drive Macans with the key ones you are unsure about e.g. with or without air suspension or the new GTS air variants.
No invite for me 🥺
Normally takes several weeks, not sure what their current situation is though with I guess some backlog. Still yet to use mine from October delivery last year, although it has a reasonably long shelf life. Also maybe dependent when OPC logs it in, if you don’t get it soon call your SE.
Last edited by MikeM on Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

No invite for me 🥺
Patience, took us a couple of months to get our invitation.
We got our Macan beginning of April, managed to book earliest driving experience in October.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
pmg

Post by pmg »

I think there are two attitudes to the timing of a visit to PEC.

The first is to visit before spec lockdown to drive variations of the car to finalise spec. However, there are times like at present when PEC will not have the revised car in, e.g if early Gen 3 GTS orders PEC cars being only delivered to them the odd week before early builds as PEC will receive cars early October at the earliest.

The other approach is to visit after you have driven your car the odd thousand miles so have greater familiarity to feel more comfortable pressing on hard at PEC
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

No invite for me 🥺
Just spoke to your exec and they tend to push it through

There could be a delay though although when I spoken to some of the consultancy when I was last on track in my car at the petrol station, they said they were getting back to normal

Good point about not rushing though as you do it now I suspect it will be gen2 cars

The PEC themselves will know when the gen 3 cars are likely to come through though
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

pmg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:22 pm The other approach is to visit after you have driven your car the odd thousand miles so have greater familiarity to feel more comfortable pressing on hard at PEC
This is the important part for me and the wife. As the wife is down as the owner of the car she was invited to drive the Macan. I've booked to go the same time at PEC, I'm down to drive a 911 2s and they've said we can swap halfway through.
Looking forward to putting both through their paces.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

This is the invite email that you will get:-

PORSCHE EXPERIENCE CENTRE
Centre
Tracks
Experience

REMINDER - YOUR INVITATION TO THE
PORSCHE EXPERIENCE CENTRE SILVERSTONE

Your Reference: #######

Dear Mr. @@@@@@

We would like to remind you that your new car customer experience is available to book at the Porsche Experience Centre. This bespoke experience is offered as a part of the purchase of your vehicle and takes place at our state-of-the-art, purpose-built centre in Silverstone - a world-class facility designed to help you fully appreciate your Porsche.

One of our highly experienced Driving Consultants will accompany you in a car from our dedicated fleet, guiding you through the elements which make your Porsche so special.

Our tracks can demonstrate every-day driving from wet or dry conditions to simulated ice and snow. By using specifically designed surfaces, we can recreate exhilarating challenges to explore the car whilst further developing your driving skills. The driving activities will be specifically tailored to suit your needs and driving style, offering plenty of time to explore those aspects of the car that you would particularly like to focus on.

You are welcome to bring a spectating guest or alternatively you can book an additional experience for your guest to join at a special rate. Please contact the Porsche Experience Centre to discuss this option.

Your experience is valid for two years from your original invitation date. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to the Porsche Experience Centre in the near future.

Call 01327 855 911

* Model driven subject to availability

The Porsche Driving Experience Team

Porsche Experience Centre
Hangar Straight, Silverstone Circuit
Towcester, NN12 8GR

drivingexperience@porsche.co.uk

+44 (0)1327 855 911

www.porsche.co.uk/experience
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It can't harm to call them and discuss it, they have online access to your order status (they told me mine had been cancelled 😨) so the written invitation shouldn't be a prerequisite.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

With Porsche I find myself placing orders for cars that are not available for test drive. I lend-up driving different derivatives.

If you know what you want, you will be happy. If you are unsure, get your dealer to borrow a car that you want, from another OPC, they do it all the time.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4