2.9 V6 Gen 3 S and GTS Engine Tuning?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:50 pm If the current generation of Macans is the same as previous then there is a difference in the engine and gearboxes between the S and GTS.

The GTS having uprated engine and gearbox components compared to the S.

At least that is our understanding after a member here did some research quite a few years ago.
It isn't. The old S had a 3 litre engine and the GTS had a 2.9 twin scroll turbo. Now the S and the GTS have the same twin-scroll 2.9 V6, so exactly the same engine just mapped differently. My suspicion is the gearbox is also exactly the same, although I wouldn't want to bet a new gearbox on that.

Personally I think the S is quite fast enough for what it is, and if you really want something faster I'd suggest waiting and getting the electric one which will probably be a rocket ship (rumours of over 600 BHP). The actual 0-60 time difference between the S and the GTS is marginal and unless you drive in Germany a lot you wont be going much over 70 mph anywhere anyway. Presumably the main reason for buying a Macan over a 911 (apart from price) is being able to stick the kids in the back and a load of shopping in the boot. I think the current 0-60 on the S combined with launch control will be quite enough to squash all the fruit from the Tesco trip and get your kids hurling all over the back seats.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Anything is possible with a remap - most engines are tuned to cover all markets and allow for lower grade fuel and therefore there is plenty of tolerance in the engine and gearbox for more power with the right tune but this should be a complete tune not just a case of turning up the boost for example. Proper tuners will remap a number of elements to keep things safe for engine and ‘box

However, as mentioned above, Porsche will Chuck out any warranty claim if the car has been fiddled with in anyway and this will include any piggy back devices which you take off for service because the ecu will store any peak readings above standard

As a former owner of tuned turbo cars that got caught out in warranty period, I would not be risking this on any warranty covered Porsche

Some decent tuners will look after you if something does go wrong and I recently heard that one looked after WC’s yellow 911 when he had any issue
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

This should be interesting for the 2.9L engine ...

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/need ... da.183056/
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 pm This should be interesting for the 2.9L engine ...

https://www.macanforum.com/threads/need ... da.183056/
I wouldn’t touch with a 10ft barge pole but hey each to their own..