Surround camera

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Specced the surround camera on a gen 3 gts,not sure how it works. Have to exit a junction Daley where its difficult to see out.will this help me?
If so,how do I activate it?

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

As I understand it it will. You can select different camera views and it has a camera on the front. I’ve specced it to, but mainly for the heads down view to help avoid curbing the wheels.

Guess we’ll both find out in about 7 years time when the cars are finally available. 😳

Seriously though, It is covered in the Porsche “Good to Know” app. Search “surround” and it gives you full details
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pmg

Post by pmg »

froggyr32 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm Specced the surround camera on a gen 3 gts,not sure how it works. Have to exit a junction Daley where its difficult to see out.will this help me?
Yes, the easiest way is to set the diamond button on the steering wheel to produce surround-view then choose panorama front on the screen, I use it every time I exit my drive at home.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:09 pm
froggyr32 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:55 pm Specced the surround camera on a gen 3 gts,not sure how it works. Have to exit a junction Daley where its difficult to see out.will this help me?
Yes, the easiest way is to set the diamond button on the steering wheel to produce surround-view then choose panorama front on the screen, I use it every time I exit my drive at home.
I’ll use it to avoid hitting the wall and my son’s car when squeezing it onto our “drive”.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

When I bought my s/h Macan the OPC made a big sell about the 360 surround view that the car had fitted, I thought that it was OPC BS, I am happy to say that it is in my opinion pretty nearly an essential extra, I certainly would miss it if it wasn’t there. I use it every time I park, and when reversing into parking spaces or parralell parking up to curbs, and with 21” it is a wheel saver! Like pmg I have set the diamond button to active it when I want.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

If you already have stop/start on the diamond you can activate the camera using the screen …

CAR >>> CONTROL >>> PARKASSIT and click on relevant camera if you want different image.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
pmg

Post by pmg »

paulmac wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:10 am If you already have stop/start on the diamond you can activate the camera using the screen …

CAR >>> CONTROL >>> PARKASSIT and click on relevant camera if you want different image.

Paul

Stop-start removal is a very easy button on the centre below the gear selector collection so really a bit of a waste putting it on the diamond whereas no auto button for surround view
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

pmg wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:40 am
paulmac wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:10 am If you already have stop/start on the diamond you can activate the camera using the screen …

Paul

Stop-start removal is a very easy button on the centre below the gear selector collection so really a bit of a waste putting it on the diamond whereas no auto button for surround view
During the five years with my SD and the first year with my GTS, I found it useful being able to de-select stop-start at roundabouts without taking my eyes off the road. Having said that, and read your comment, I might well switch to surround view on the diamond button as being able to turn the camera on before the sensors have detected an obstruction will be really useful.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:16 am
pmg wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:40 am

Paul

During the five years with my SD and the first year with my GTS, I found it useful being able to de-select stop-start at roundabouts without taking my eyes off the road. Having said that, and read your comment, I might well switch to surround view on the diamond button as being able to turn the camera on before the sensors have detected an obstruction will be really useful.
On Gen2 with Sports Chrono, one can also deselect stop start on the steering wheel by twisting SC wheel
into sport
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pressing the Sport setting also disables Stop/Start on gen 1 cars
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags