Cat S Macan Turbo for Sale - Anyone know it?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Matt78London

Post by Matt78London »

Hey All,

I'm in the market for potentially either a Cayenne or a Macan, and this Cat S Turbo popped up.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 7245402999

The can't supply any details of the accident and what damage it had sustained - everything looks good from the photos, but that doesn't tell much. Next step would be to send a mechanic around to check it out - they're 165 miles from me so not really that easy to pop around and have a look. Would you even bother if the history of the car is so dubious, or would you take the gamble if it checked out alright and drove alright... it's a very good price (but likely for a reason). Lastly - if anyone actually knew what happened to the car even better!

Thanks,
Matt

cc3

Post by cc3 »

Cat C so has been in a big accident ? Personally I wouldn’t give it the time of day. Could be problems depending where repaired and always difficult to sell on

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know ... write-off/
Matt78London

Post by Matt78London »

Well, big enough to be an insurance write-off - but that's the problem - not really knowing exactly what happened. Could be something not that bad structurally, but just affecting a lot of panels, so repair costs were high - obviously someone has thought it suitably economic to repair and sell on... just a worry that then it's been done on the cheap. Shame they don't have any photos or documentation of the damage. Surely that's something you'd want to have when selling a Cat C car. Anyway, thought it was worth a shot in case someone knew the car!
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Personally I wouldn't touch it. Cat N is lesser damage; Cat S means structural damage to chassis or crumple zones, not just bodywork. Plus I really dislike the boot spoiler and the red leather though I do accept that is 'me'
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Run a mile then run some more. Wouldn’t touch it as resale becomes very hard nevermind what other issues may still be remaining post accident.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

100% agree with others, walk away.
Even if you're happy to take a risk, many others wouldn't.
And I think insurance costs can be higher too.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

For the same money I'd far rather have a high mileage non-damaged car. Something like this
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... ars&page=1
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:33 pm 100% agree with others, walk away.
Even if you're happy to take a risk, many others wouldn't.
And I think insurance costs can be higher too.
Doesn't have any impact on insurance either way.

I wouldn't consider a Cat S on any sports/performance/prestige car, however, I'd be happy with a normal daily run around as long as damage/repair could be verified.
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI
adam b

Post by adam b »

think the dodgy rear spoiler and non-OEM exhaust would put me off as much
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Matt78London

Post by Matt78London »

Yeah, agreed - was hoping they'd have some information on the accident and paperwork of what was done. At least then you can feel comfortable with what you're buying. Will continue the search! Thanks all...