UK Motoring Press Review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:31 pm

pmg wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 am
Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:45 am
I struggle to tell the difference between a Cayenne and a Macan, never mind the version and trim level. OK back lights are the only quick way I can do it.
I after about 3 years got that sorted then they introduced the Cayenne coupe :? :? :? :?
😂😂😂

Papeto
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Papeto » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:16 pm

I for one actually think the base Macan Gen 3 looks better than the Gen 2…. Throws grenade. The front actually looks better with the lower colour coded trim. The new wheels are also a noticeble improvement. New side mirrors also look much better.

D0A33BC8-5D36-4263-863E-C1639477655E.jpeg

F7547E6F-DDFD-4817-99EE-E9591FC0A73A.jpeg

Last edited by Papeto on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Macan S ordered PNMI5PJ6

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Papeto wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:16 pm
I for one actually think the base Macan Gen 3 looks better than the Gen 2…. Throws grenade. The front actually looks better with the lower colour coded trim. New wheels is also noticeble improvement. Also new side mirrors like much better.
D0A33BC8-5D36-4263-863E-C1639477655E.jpegF7547E6F-DDFD-4817-99EE-E9591FC0A73A.jpeg
That’s brave 😳

User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:38 pm

I've never bought a car for its looks, Aston Martins are out of my reach sadly so this is all academic.🥱🥱
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, ParkAssist with rev camera and smokers pack!

cc3
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by cc3 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:16 pm


OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:38 pm
I've never bought a car for its looks, Aston Martins are out of my reach sadly so this is all academic.🥱🥱
my last toy ( before the mini ). You could get one of these:

6DC85606-5FF8-4B4F-B870-7506F2A1A913.jpeg


Nelladrahcir
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Nelladrahcir » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 pm

The air suspension benefits from yet another generation of development, with a suppleness in Comfort mode that’s unexpected of a car equipped with a 21-inch wheel and tyre set and the compromises of being able to undertake some gentle off-roading brings. But it’s when you select Sport or Sport Plus that you experience and appreciate the level of development that has gone into the system.

No longer does the chassis crash and thump its way over poor surfaces in either Sport settings, nor does it constantly fidget. The damper’s Sport setting can be used every day and on pretty much every surface, which means you benefit from an increase in body control. Sport also beefs up the steering – more weight, no more feel – and sharpens the throttle to provide the V6 with more Porsche-like responses, quickening the gearshifts accordingly, too. It’s the setting that makes the GTS rise above its two regular siblings, with Sport Plus ramping it all up by a further 25 per cent.


So that lets you know what they think of the GTS suspension then!!!!!

I can't wait!

:D

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Nelladrahcir wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 pm
The air suspension benefits from yet another generation of development, with a suppleness in Comfort mode that’s unexpected of a car equipped with a 21-inch wheel and tyre set and the compromises of being able to undertake some gentle off-roading brings. But it’s when you select Sport or Sport Plus that you experience and appreciate the level of development that has gone into the system.

No longer does the chassis crash and thump its way over poor surfaces in either Sport settings, nor does it constantly fidget. The damper’s Sport setting can be used every day and on pretty much every surface, which means you benefit from an increase in body control. Sport also beefs up the steering – more weight, no more feel – and sharpens the throttle to provide the V6 with more Porsche-like responses, quickening the gearshifts accordingly, too. It’s the setting that makes the GTS rise above its two regular siblings, with Sport Plus ramping it all up by a further 25 per cent.


So that lets you know what they think of the GTS suspension then!!!!!

I can't wait!

:D
Seen plenty of others that say its harsh and unusable on British Roads. Depends on what the reviewers perception is I guess. Personally I’m not all that interested in waft or shattered spines, but that doesn’t mean its not the right choice for some people

cc3
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by cc3 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Sounds pretty good too and traction looks great


Nelladrahcir
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Nelladrahcir » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 pm

You know you want a GTS really!!!!
;-)

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post