UK Motoring Press Review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Viper Green looks tidy, the extra plastic on the bumpers DOESN'T. Hope they put some kind of cover around the gear lever, looks cheap.

Sooooo glad I got mine before the change.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am Viper Green looks tidy, the extra plastic on the bumpers DOESN'T. Hope they put some kind of cover around the gear lever, looks cheap.

Personally I think the facelift looks much sharper and now makes the gen 2 look a bit dated.

It doesn’t matter what car forum you go on. People who have a model that has been replaced/facelifted always say they hate the new one and they are pleased they don’t have one.

A couple of years down the line the same people write about how much they love their latest gen car.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:09 am Yes, always tricky assessing colours from promo shots and on screen. Even in the metal these metallics can look so different in varying light conditions, from OPC showroom lights to dismal British weather. Sadly Porsche don't supply sunshine with their cars!
Bet they’d have a go if you paid them enough 😂
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

mistercesq wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:46 am
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am Viper Green looks tidy, the extra plastic on the bumpers DOESN'T. Hope they put some kind of cover around the gear lever, looks cheap.

Personally I think the facelift looks much sharper and now makes the gen 2 look a bit dated.

It doesn’t matter what car forum you go on. People who have a model that has been replaced/facelifted always say they hate the new one and they are pleased they don’t have one.

A couple of years down the line the same people write about how much they love their latest gen car.
This is indeed natural. I don’t like either the Gen 1 or. Gen 3! 😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:50 am

To be fair, I hated ALL things Porsche with a passion, until I put a deposit on one. Opinions change. I’m sure one day people will even like the naked mole rat design favoured by BMW designers…….nah, who’m I kidding, that will always make children cry and grown men hurl.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

I prefer the Gen 2 to the Gen 1 now. Initially upon the 2’s launch I wasn’t sure, then I saw them in then flesh side by side and the 2 looks better IMO.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:57 am

To be fair, I hated ALL things Porsche with a passion, until I put a deposit on one. Opinions change. I’m sure one day people will even like the naked role rat design favoured by BMW designers…….nah, who’m I kidding, that will always make children cry and grown men hurl.
My opinion on that hasn’t changed - I still hate 90% of the people that drive Porsches! Too many people buy them for the badge and not the engineering !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

homerdog

Post by homerdog »

I hadn't realised that the GTS has surface coated brakes as standard, nice!
Deleted User 4436

homerdog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:05 am I hadn't realised that the GTS has surface coated brakes as standard, nice!
Nice until you need to replace them. Then extremely expensive.