UK Motoring Press Review

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
RGS

Post by RGS »

But the surface coated brake discs have a longer working life than the standard discs. In 55 years of driving, I have never got to the stage of having to change brake discs and after a recent tour of over 850 miles in my Turbo, there was barely any visible brake dust. After my previous AMG that generated brake dust even after a trip to the shops and sent rust spots if the wheels were wet, the surface coated brakes are a godsend and save so much tedious and filthy work, plus the stopping power is super impressive. Highly recommended.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am
homerdog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:05 am I hadn't realised that the GTS has surface coated brakes as standard, nice!
Nice until you need to replace them. Then extremely expensive.
From the mileage numbers I see quoted on here most of our members will expire before their PSCBs do! :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am
homerdog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:05 am I hadn't realised that the GTS has surface coated brakes as standard, nice!
Nice until you need to replace them. Then extremely expensive.
From the mileage numbers I see quoted on here most of our members will expire before their PSCBs do! :lol:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do fewer miles than i used to ( used to do at least 30k p/a ) but i still end up having to get new discs every 18 months or so. The tiniest lip on the discs these days and the stealers seem to flag it on a service.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

mistercesq wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:46 am
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am Viper Green looks tidy, the extra plastic on the bumpers DOESN'T. Hope they put some kind of cover around the gear lever, looks cheap.

Sooooo glad I got mine before the change.
Personally I think the facelift looks much sharper and now makes the gen 2 look a bit dated.

It doesn’t matter what car forum you go on. People who have a model that has been replaced/facelifted always say they hate the new one and they are pleased they don’t have one.

A couple of years down the line the same people write about how much they love their latest gen car.
You think the big black plastic bumper looks sharper? Don't think I will ever think that looks good. A dark paint work will help cover it on photos.

The centre console with the haptic buttons doesn't look too bad apart from the gear selector, that just doesn't look finished.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:09 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:28 am Viper Green looks tidy, the extra plastic on the bumpers DOESN'T. Hope they put some kind of cover around the gear lever, looks cheap.

Sooooo glad I got mine before the change.
Personally I think the facelift looks much sharper and now makes the gen 2 look a bit dated.

It doesn’t matter what car forum you go on. People who have a model that has been replaced/facelifted always say they hate the new one and they are pleased they don’t have one.

A couple of years down the line the same people write about how much they love their latest gen car.
You think the big black plastic bumper looks sharper? Don't think I will ever think that looks good. A dark paint work will help cover it on photos.

The centre console with the haptic buttons doesn't look too bad apart from the gear selector, that just doesn't look finished.
You’ve focused on one bit of the whole car. Your opinion and you are entitled to it. As for the gear-lever the Gen 1 and Gen 2 look like they have a dildo sticking out of the transmission tunnel.

The wheel options on the Gen 3 look so much better too. I hated the wheel options on the Gen 1 and 2.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

mistercesq wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:51 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:09 pm

You’ve focused on one bit of the whole car. Your opinion and you are entitled to it. As for the gear-lever the Gen 1 and Gen 2 look like they have a dildo sticking out of the transmission tunnel.

The wheel options on the Gen 3 look so much better too. I hated the wheel options on the Gen 1 and 2.
I've only focused on it cause its really the only thing that's changed on the exterior, apart from the big plastic diffuser on the rear.
As for the gear lever, the only real difference I see is there's no cover around the "shaft" on the Macan 3. So is the new one even more like a dildo then?

Yeah, I like some of the wheels on the new model, same as I like some on both earlier models.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

think this settles the standard seat argument. These are very clearly cloth, not race-tex ( and look a bit cheap ). Also think this doesn’t look great in silver, but it may be the small wheels that are hurting the look.

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:53 pm think this settles the standard seat argument. These are very clearly cloth, not race-tex ( and look a bit cheap ). Also think this doesn’t look great in silver, but it may be the small wheels that are hurting the look.

Agree Looks awful in silver
Hope my GTS in silver looks better - expect it will because of the black accents

I found the same with gen 2 macans. Silver looked dull in the base and S models but popped on the GTS.

Fingers crossed!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9991#p198308

The GTS in silver looks fantastic
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

hood69 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9991#p198308

The GTS in silver looks fantastic
Thanks for that link
Agree it looked great, that’s eased my nerves about colour choice