Porsche slow to BEV Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
martinto8
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by martinto8 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:59 pm

I can’t say I am a fan of the way the rear quarter window is styled to the bodywork. Reminds me of the Maserati Levante rear quarter but more exaggerated

MacanSman
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by MacanSman » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:39 pm

OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:43 am
mark-yorkshire wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:23 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 am
Looking at the length of the queue outside my local petrol station at 07:00 this morning ( Sat ) and the closed pumps I’m beginning to see the appeal of electric.

Thanks for telling everyone not to panic buy Boris, great job. Run that past you internal psychologist before opening your gob next time perhaps
As usual it’s the U.K. media that have fuelled ( no pun intended) the panic buying. The media just love a panic/scare story.
Yep, saw it coming a few days ago when the articles started appearing. Pretty obvious what was going to happen. I wonder if the press started saying there was a shortage of covid vaccines if people would rush out and get them 🤔
Exactly Omni.

Those queuing up filling jerry cans should wear condoms to stop bringing other idiots into this world. Absolute idiots, but the media are to blame for this.

JurassicGTS
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:19 pm
Location: Sunny Dorset and Marbella

Post by JurassicGTS » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 am

Rarecolour wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:54 am
Pretty sure he had to come out and say something cause the dumbass tabloids did their usual scare mongering.
Can't really blame Boris, the idiots going to fill up when they don't need to need their heads checking. Was told yesterday that some locals stations by us had folk filling up Jerry cans to stock pile the fuel, the world has gone nuts.
👍BBC were just as bad!
MY 2018 Carmine red GTS (ours)
MY2014 Boxster S GT Silver Anniversary spec.
2017 Nissan Leaf
2006 Merecedes Benz 500SL Brilliant silver
2016 Mazda CX3 Pearlescent white (dogs)

GTB
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:49 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by GTB » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:42 am

Morning All,
Unbelievable scenes of drivers filling up approved fuel storage containers and some photos show non approved containers, which if filled on a retail public filling station, the retailer is breaking the law if non approved containers are filled with petrol, I do have some sympathy though by retail staff if they went out onto forecourt to check if indeed approved contianers are being filled, and prevent non approved ones.

The law is very clear as follows:
You can store up to 30 litres of petrol at home or at non-workplace premises without informing your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority (PEA).

You can store it in:

suitable portable metal or plastic containers
one demountable fuel tank
a combination of the above as long as no more than 30 litres is kept
For these purposes 'premises' are as defined in the Health and Safety Work Act, etc. 1974 and includes, for example, motor vehicles, boats and aircraft.

So that is pretty clear no more than 30 Ltrs in approved containers, an approved "Contianer" is classed as follows:

suitable portable metal or plastic containers That are UN Marked
demountable fuel tanks

So as above Law is clear nobody can store anymore than 30L, however when I saw pics of multiple 5Ltr and 10Ltr cans being filled again there is a problem with the law as the law says:

You can store up to 30 litres of petrol in a maximum of 2 suitable containers in your vehicle. For the purpose of these Regulations a 'vehicle' is interpreted as any type of vehicle so includes boats, aircraft and hovercraft.

So there we go, any more than two UN Approved metal or plastic containers in the back of a vehicle filled with fuel no matter the quantity up to 30L is breaking the law, having more than 30 Ltrs is certainly breaking the law.

Cheers GTB

cc3
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by cc3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:54 am

You have to ask what do news channels like BBC and Sky and print media add to society. They have caused this fuel problem that didn’t really exist by selective reporting and will now move on to cause the next shortage in food etc for Christmas. They seem to enjoy making peoples lives more difficult. Yes we need people free to report but journalists are completely irresponsible and there is no accountability. I now turn off the BBC and Sky both bias with their own agendas
Should carry a warning - Not good for your mental health!

Nelladrahcir
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Nelladrahcir » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:29 pm

cc3 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:54 am
You have to ask what do news channels like BBC and Sky and print media add to society. They have caused this fuel problem that didn’t really exist by selective reporting and will now move on to cause the next shortage in food etc for Christmas. They seem to enjoy making peoples lives more difficult. Yes we need people free to report but journalists are completely irresponsible and there is no accountability. I now turn off the BBC and Sky both bias with their own agendas
Should carry a warning - Not good for your mental health!
Totally agree with you. Life is much nicer without the news ruining your day!!!!

I'm sure it will all die down in a couple of days as everyone will have full tanks, then we will have garage owners moaning that no one is buying their sandwiches!!!

Rarecolour
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm

JurassicGTS wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 am
Rarecolour wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:54 am
Pretty sure he had to come out and say something cause the dumbass tabloids did their usual scare mongering.
Can't really blame Boris, the idiots going to fill up when they don't need to need their heads checking. Was told yesterday that some locals stations by us had folk filling up Jerry cans to stock pile the fuel, the world has gone nuts.
👍BBC were just as bad!
No idea why I put tabloids, I meant media as a whole.

Been out today, and the queues outside petrol stations that are CLOSED are comical. Glad we have half a tank left in the macan, could last us the rest of this month, my work van on the other hand :shock:.
2021 Macan Turbo

Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Post by SAC1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 pm

Just back from a 380 mile holiday trip all on a tank full from the start. The fuel stations I passed on the way back, mostly on the A303, were dry yesterday. Still I got back with 33 miles showing on the guage. My local Shell and Esso stations were out today, near where I live, but I half refilled at BP with Ultimate. I noticed that the local Morrisons was still serving fuel too.

As you say the media have a lot to answer for with creating panic buying. :twisted:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

User avatar
pmg
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by pmg » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:28 pm

SAC1 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Just back from a 380 mile holiday trip all on a tank full from the start. The fuel stations I passed on the way back, mostly on the A303, were dry yesterday. Still I got back with 33 miles showing on the guage. My local Shell and Esso stations were out today, near where I live, but I half refilled at BP with Ultimate. I noticed that the local Morrisons was still serving fuel too.

As you say the media have a lot to answer for with creating panic buying. :twisted:
I spent last week two days on Exmoor, two days driving down South West North Coast then two nights alongside Helford River. Fortunately, I had filled up with Momentum 99 at Helston mid Thursday afternoon.. I left a Hotel by the Helford River at 8 30 yesterday to drive home to West Sussex. All round Falmouth Truro garages had queues but none sold out, Joined the A30 before Bodmin and all the way to M5 Exeter BP and Esso mainly sold out, others with queues, same on A35 through Dorset; a large queue at Tesco Dorchester with a staff member talking to motorists on entry so maybe restricting purchase, Especially bad behind Poole Bournemouth i.e. Wimbourne area. all garages shut with no fuel, same at Rownham services on M27.

As I have 6 nights in East Anglia booked from Saturday and half the Macan's 500-mile range remaining I thought it might be worth seeing in Tesco at Chichester had any Momentum 99. Hardly any queue but a man on roundabout asking what fuel you wanted and turning away those saying diesel as out. On the trip, I did see more diesel pumps with shut covers than those selling petrol. Macan took 37.50 litres half its 75 litre capacity so if I do not use the Macan this week, I have the range now to complete intended 480 mile round trip but maybe restricting day mileage whilst in Norfolk unless I find petrol somewhere in Norfolk /Suffolk.

I must say Chichester bypass mid-Saturday afternoon is normally chock a block at every roundabout with long queues. Yesterday sailed through like in the early hours. so the panic is having some behavioural impact
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:07 pm

pmg wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:28 pm
SAC1 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Just back from a 380 mile holiday trip all on a tank full from the start. The fuel stations I passed on the way back, mostly on the A303, were dry yesterday. Still I got back with 33 miles showing on the guage. My local Shell and Esso stations were out today, near where I live, but I half refilled at BP with Ultimate. I noticed that the local Morrisons was still serving fuel too.

As you say the media have a lot to answer for with creating panic buying. :twisted:
I spent last week two days on Exmoor, two days driving down South West North Coast then two nights alongside Helford River. Fortunately, I had filled up with Momentum 99 at Helston mid Thursday afternoon.. I left a Hotel by the Helford River at 8 30 yesterday to drive home to West Sussex. All round Falmouth Truro garages had queues but none sold out, Joined the A30 before Bodmin and all the way to M5 Exeter BP and Esso mainly sold out, others with queues, same on A35 through Dorset; a large queue at Tesco Dorchester with a staff member talking to motorists on entry so maybe restricting purchase, Especially bad behind Poole Bournemouth i.e. Wimbourne area. all garages shut with no fuel, same at Rownham services on M27.

As I have 6 nights in East Anglia booked from Saturday and half the Macan's 500-mile range remaining I thought it might be worth seeing in Tesco at Chichester had any Momentum 99. Hardly any queue but a man on roundabout asking what fuel you wanted and turning away those saying diesel as out. On the trip, I did see more diesel pumps with shut covers than those selling petrol. Macan took 37.50 litres half its 75 litre capacity so if I do not use the Macan this week, I have the range now to complete intended 480 mile round trip but maybe restricting day mileage whilst in Norfolk unless I find petrol somewhere in Norfolk /Suffolk.

I must say Chichester bypass mid-Saturday afternoon is normally chock a block at every roundabout with long queues. Yesterday sailed through like in the early hours. so the panic is having some behavioural impact
Thanks for the info. Between Petworth and Horsham there was only one station that was still open and that was making the A29 between Billingshurst and Pulborough impassable because cars were cueing up and blocking the A29 southbound for about 2 miles. I’ve still got 3/4 tank of petrol left and, aside from driving Mrs.Omni to work ( only about 4 miles ) I’m hopeful that I wont need to go anywhere until things start to calm down a little. I understand some garages are limiting petrol to £30 max, which works ok for me as that’s almost a full tank in the mini 😊

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post