Porsche slow to BEV Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Macan EV caught charging. Looks like clamshell bonnet is no more .
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Looks pretty good though, better than a lot of other EV’s. If it has a range over 300 miles and costs under £80k it will sell in bucket loads IMO. Bet it’ll have a massive waiting time for delivery though. Presumably these need an all new production line too.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm Looks pretty good though, better than a lot of other EV’s. If it has a range over 300 miles and costs under £80k it will sell in bucket loads IMO. Bet it’ll have a massive waiting time for delivery though. Presumably these need an all new production line too.
It does look a lot better than other ev 4x4s- very much like how you would imagine a Macan Coupe would look. Looks lower than the existing Macan which I assume is to lower the centre of gravity due to the weight of the batteries. The swooping rear roofline will reduce rear load capacity.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm No issue with EV’s, much simpler than any ICE vehicle (albeit clinical). I’m considering slotting in a deposit/intent for a Macan or a Lotus SUV? Just think that the infrastructure is so far behind the need, including absolute power needed when millions are switching, that this may well end up another Betamax moment as something altogether better comes along and we are all taken in a wholly different direction. A Uk deadline of 2030 for no new built ICE cars will certainly be a challenge to fulfil for all but the car manufacturers themselves.
If there is a "different" direction, it won't happen for at least a few decades. Not something to worry about for most people with their cars on a 3-5 year finance cycle. Manufacturers are now all heavily invested in BEVs so that's what's coming over the next decade. Beyond that it doesn't really matter. I'll just buy whatever works best for me at the time. Today EVs work much better for me than ICE cars, so it was an easy decision to switch. Some of the current advantages of EVs might be eroded over time (like super-low running costs), but on the other hand batteries are getting cheaper and so initial prices are coming down and there is more choice across the market.
Deleted User 4436

Peteski wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:44 pm
MikeM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm No issue with EV’s, much simpler than any ICE vehicle (albeit clinical). I’m considering slotting in a deposit/intent for a Macan or a Lotus SUV? Just think that the infrastructure is so far behind the need, including absolute power needed when millions are switching, that this may well end up another Betamax moment as something altogether better comes along and we are all taken in a wholly different direction. A Uk deadline of 2030 for no new built ICE cars will certainly be a challenge to fulfil for all but the car manufacturers themselves.
If there is a "different" direction, it won't happen for at least a few decades. Not something to worry about for most people with their cars on a 3-5 year finance cycle. Manufacturers are now all heavily invested in BEVs so that's what's coming over the next decade. Beyond that it doesn't really matter. I'll just buy whatever works best for me at the time. Today EVs work much better for me than ICE cars, so it was an easy decision to switch. Some of the current advantages of EVs might be eroded over time (like super-low running costs), but on the other hand batteries are getting cheaper and so initial prices are coming down and there is more choice across the market.
I’m 99% sure the Macan will be my last ICE car.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Sell in bucket loads? Not at 80k we are having our trousers down over ev; even more than Porsche have traditionally done. Cheaper components, cheaper service..................EV is the golden goose for manufacturers at least for the forseeable future. Oh , and don't forget the government will catch up with regar d to its pricing structure....................probably later rather than sooner but it will, has, to happen..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I do hope the instrument binnacle is not replaced with an iPad size screen

CF2D698D-5C99-4CE1-B992-A909E94BEA01.png

2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

bennachie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm Sell in bucket loads? Not at 80k we are having our trousers down over ev; even more than Porsche have traditionally done. Cheaper components, cheaper service..................EV is the golden goose for manufacturers at least for the forseeable future. Oh , and don't forget the government will catch up with regar d to its pricing structure....................probably later rather than sooner but it will, has, to happen..............
Most manufacturers are still struggling to turn profits on their EVs equivalent to their ICE sales. It's getting closer with battery costs coming down, but hardly a golden goose for them at this point.
Deleted User 4436

Peteski wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm
bennachie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm Sell in bucket loads? Not at 80k we are having our trousers down over ev; even more than Porsche have traditionally done. Cheaper components, cheaper service..................EV is the golden goose for manufacturers at least for the forseeable future. Oh , and don't forget the government will catch up with regar d to its pricing structure....................probably later rather than sooner but it will, has, to happen..............
Most manufacturers are still struggling to turn profits on their EVs equivalent to their ICE sales. It's getting closer with battery costs coming down, but hardly a golden goose for them at this point.
tesla were just valued at $900 billion. Nearly 20% of cars sold in the EU last quarter were electric apparently. BMW have said they will stop making ICE engines completely at their main plant in 2024. I honestly think its coming quite fast now.

https://apple.news/ANMwhvZoQQBqFW1wIVVXnTA

https://apple.news/AKQmeI2hiTUSlWxAr9Y64AQ

I’ve just bought a V6 ICE Macan, but I genuinely think ICE has had its day in the sun, and quite rightly. Not exactly modern tech
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Why do clean sheet design BEVs look so ugly?

I give you the BMW iX......what a munter.....

Capture 3.PNG

Teslas have always looked too squat or blown-up looking. Take the boil-in-the-bag Model Y.....

Capture 4.PNG

The Jaguar iPace looked promising when it was launched, but it has not been a run away sales success.

I took a Hyundai ioniq 5 out for a test drive, but in the metal even that does not look quite right.
The sister Kia 6 looks good in photos front on...but the rear does not look right.

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Porsche's BEV offerings may be dynamically brilliant, but they still do not have the best design aesthetics. Hopefully the Macan BEV will look better....
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver