Porsche slow to BEV Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Winryn wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:42 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 pm
Peteski wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Probably some truth in that, although the shortage did cause them issues too.
But I think the main reason is that they are just selling like hot cakes.
said it before and I’ll say it again, if you want an electric car Tesla really are the only players. At the moment everyone else are just also-rans ( or insanely expensive, ugly, crap or all 3 )
I’d have agreed until yesterday when I stumbled upon a top spec Hyundai ionic 5. Much more interesting looking than the Tesla, looked like it was properly put together too. Good panel gaps, well finished interior. Turns out it was also car of the auto express overall car of the year. Very interesting. Couldn’t see myself buying one but if one was offered to me to a week to test I’d feel intrigued and quite excited. 80% charge in 18 mins on a fast Charger I believe the salesman said. Coffee and a toilet break and you have an extra 250 mile range
Unless you're on a motorway! -
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Giz9 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:05 pm

said it before and I’ll say it again, if you want an electric car Tesla really are the only players. At the moment everyone else are just also-rans ( or insanely expensive, ugly, crap or all 3 )
I’d have agreed until yesterday when I stumbled upon a top spec Hyundai ionic 5. Much more interesting looking than the Tesla, looked like it was properly put together too. Good panel gaps, well finished interior. Turns out it was also car of the auto express overall car of the year. Very interesting. Couldn’t see myself buying one but if one was offered to me to a week to test I’d feel intrigued and quite excited. 80% charge in 18 mins on a fast Charger I believe the salesman said. Coffee and a toilet break and you have an extra 250 mile range
That is shocking!!!

I would not consider an electric vehicle other than for the school/supermarket run!

We have a family house in Scotland, 380 miles that I can do easily in 6hrs on 3/4 of a tank in my petrol Q3. it would be an absolute nightmare in an EV.

And his trip was in nice weather, I bet those figures are much worse in winter!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

This is why Tesla is still the only EV game in town if you are going on road trips. What you need is a genuine 300 mile range and reliable 150-250 kW chargers. The Hyundai salesman didn't tell the full story.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Peteski wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 pm

This is why Tesla is still the only EV game in town if you are going on road trips. What you need is a genuine 300 mile range and reliable 150-250 kW chargers. The Hyundai salesman didn't tell the full story.
I’d already seen the guy video so knew of the issues. Suppose I was more pleased there is something that doesn’t offend me like the Tesla. Clearly the charging infrastructure will improve quickly over the coming years. If I’m honest, there would only be 1-2 journeys I’d do a year where 300 mile range would give me issues. Look forward to the electric macan as it will probably be my next car after the gts arrives early next year
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Peteski wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Probably some truth in that, although the shortage did cause them issues too.
But I think the main reason is that they are just selling like hot cakes.
Its actually a really nice car, but, it can’t use the Tesla charging network and that makes a big difference. Tesla seem to be the only company that can make reliable chargers. It doesn’t matter how good the car is if you struggle to charge it.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

https://www.tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging

Non-Tesla Supercharger Pilot
November 1, 2021

Today we are launching our Non-Tesla Supercharger pilot at 10 Supercharger locations in the Netherlands.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:30 pm https://www.tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging

November 1, 2021

Today we are launching our Non-Tesla Supercharger pilot at 10 Supercharger locations in the Netherlands.
Just saw that. I think that will be a bit of a game changer. However, the problem is that if you drive a Tesla all the Tesla chargers will be take up by non-Tesla drivers because the regular chargers are broken. I can see that being a tad unpopular with Tesla owners.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Unless Tesla licence other providers to use its specification - but anything that gets us to standardisation is a good thing.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

GWL

Post by GWL »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:33 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:30 pm https://www.tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging

November 1, 2021

Just saw that. I think that will be a bit of a game changer. However, the problem is that if you drive a Tesla all the Tesla chargers will be take up by non-Tesla drivers because the regular chargers are broken. I can see that being a tad unpopular with Tesla owners.
Quite agree. What'll be the point in buying a Tesla if you can't avoid the rif-raf? That's the whole reason we shop at M&S.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i