'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Interesting article about the death nell of the macan ICE

https://www.motor1.com/news/534444/pors ... inue-2024/
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

pmg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:44 pm Thanks GTB for your view

I am about to set off Monday for 6 days in South West, Exmoor and then down the north coast to reach far Cornwall by Thursday and Friday with a one day drive back to Sussex on Saturday. It will be interesting to see what the supply of Premium E5 Fuel is like.
Just back from three days in Cornwall: no problem filling up with Esso Supreme/Synergy. Could have managed without the £1-59.9 price tag though :)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4436

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

This from the land of the gas guzzle. The U S has had the longest exposure to Tesla, yet the BEV is still a small % of new vehicle sales in 2021 in the good 'ol USA.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:14 pm
This from the land of the gas guzzle. The U S has had the longest exposure to Tesla, yet the BEV is still a small % of new vehicle sales in 2021 in the good 'ol USA.
Electric isn't terribly popular in the US. It is seen as a political decision to go electric and shows your political affiliation. There have been lots of reports in the US of charges (or electric cars) being blocked by pickup trucks because they feel removing their V8's is tantamount to removing their guns. Don't forget that Coal Rolling is still a thing in the US. Plus there are a lot more people over there and the distances are a lot bigger so, outside of cities, electric cars are less practical. They, like the rest of the world, will have no choice ultimately. As younger drivers come through, they will be less adverse to electric cars, in the same way new drivers have no issues with wearing seatbelts, and not using their phones in cars. The fossils that do will eventually die out, as will ICE cars. As you'll have seen in previous posts I am not saying I think this is the correct approach, I do, however, think its inevitable
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Electric isn't terribly popular in the US. It is seen as a political decision to go electric and shows your political affiliation. There have been lots of reports in the US of charges (or electric cars) being blocked by pickup trucks because they feel removing their V8's is tantamount to removing their guns. Don't forget that Coal Rolling is still a thing in the US. Plus there are a lot more people over there and the distances are a lot bigger so, outside of cities, electric cars are less practical. They, like the rest of the world, will have no choice ultimately. As younger drivers come through, they will be less adverse to electric cars, in the same way new drivers have no issues with wearing seatbelts, and not using their phones in cars. The fossils that do will eventually die out, as will ICE cars. As you'll have seen in previous posts I am not saying I think this is the correct approach, I do, however, think its inevitable
1. you have no knowledge of my "political affiliation"
2. "young drivers.....not using their phones in cars" - I suggest you go to Spec Savers
3. I recall a time when the 8-track cartridge player was "inevetable" followed by the casette, then the CD etc by the tech / music pundits - where are all those now - in the trash
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:05 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm

1. you have no knowledge of my "political affiliation"
2. "young drivers.....not using their phones in cars" - I suggest you go to Spec Savers
3. I recall a time when the 8-track cartridge player was "inevetable" followed by the casette, then the CD etc by the tech / music pundits - where are all those now - in the trash
1. The general perception of electric car drivers in the US is that they vote Democrat. I spend a lot of time in the US for work and because I am married to an American. Tesla’s are very much associated with Californian ( Democratic) ideals. In a similar way that if someone is driving a pickup truck with a gun rack and a confederate flag on the roof they probably vote Republican.

2. Most people I have seen using their phones in cars are older people, not youngsters. I drive approx 35,000 miles a year ( or did, pre pandemic) and it’s usually middle aged men who can’t put their phones down.

3. You can’t really be comparing 8 track to a c-change in car engines can you? Think you missed to point a bit on that one.

4. Relax. This is supposed to be a friendly forum where people can express their views. If you want to get worked up there are plenty of social media alternatives where you can vent.
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 am
pmg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:44 pm Thanks GTB for your view

I am about to set off Monday for 6 days in South West, Exmoor and then down the north coast to reach far Cornwall by Thursday and Friday with a one day drive back to Sussex on Saturday. It will be interesting to see what the supply of Premium E5 Fuel is like.
Just back from three days in Cornwall: no problem filling up with Esso Supreme/Synergy. Could have managed without the £1-59.9 price tag though :)
Thanks, I may well be on Momentum 99 at around 1.39 (Barnstable yesterday) rather than pay that a price in the high 1.50's for Esso's Suprieme in the southwest at 97 and back to Esso 99 at home which last week was 1.48

Mind you mpg yesterday on trip here 30 mpg. on Exmoor's hills today including up Countisbury 24 mpg
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Gosh, that fuel is cheap...................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'