Too much plastic

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Spicky

Post by Spicky »

Does anyone agree that the Gen 3 has too much plastic? [specially the GTS] front grill and rear bottom end all cheap looking plastic, and also side blades if you don't option painted, on my current Macan you could option plastic into high gloss and I must say it totally changed the look [for the better]
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGEN3JG2

pmg

Post by pmg »

Spicky wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:47 pm Does anyone agree that the Gen 3 has too much plastic? [specially the GTS] front grill and rear bottom end all cheap looking plastic, and also side blades if you don't option painted, on my current Macan you could option plastic into high gloss and I must say it totally changed the look [for the better]
I am in definite agreement. at least you can still pay for the sideblades in external colour but that this leaves the additions at front and back. In addition on the GTS and turbo used to paint the plastic below the bumper at the rear in external colour, they do not sem to option back for the diffuser which takes up more of that area
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

100% agree.
Looks cheap and "faddy" to me.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Much prefer this front end (shown on the Turbo) - the Sports Design option ...

porsche-macan-turbo-1.png

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I really prefer the base/S grill to the GTS. Definitely think they have that the wrong way round??? They could have saved money leaving the more numerous base models plain black!!!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I like the Matt black look on the GTSz Personal taste though, some will like and others won’t.

Like someone else said above the bit below the bumper was always plastic, but it was just painted in exterior colour with previous models, now they've painted it Matt black on the GTS

For the S they allow you to paint it with exterior colour. I like both.

The diffuser at the back does look a bit much for me though, hoping I will grow to like that.

I find that when I see cars in person I get a totally different viewpoint and also that new models always grow on me over time.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Zzzzzzzzz
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I've ordered the GTS but thought the option of Glossy Black grille section, sideblades and mirrors would look better but not sure until I see up close. I think with a darker body colour the blackness will probably not be so prominent. I think lighter body work will bring out the Dodge Charger family look 😂
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I think it probably is a bit much and the s probably has it a bit better with the painted section. Happy to take it on the chin to have the skirts and lower bumpers painted however
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 pm I've ordered the GTS but thought the option of Glossy Black grille section, sideblades and mirrors would look better but not sure until I see up close. I think with a darker body colour the blackness will probably not be so prominent. I think lighter body work will bring out the Dodge Charger family look 😂
Couple of Audi RS’s owned by neighbours/friends have lots of gloss black on the front bumpers, that completely put me off going for it.

Just looks cheap in real life - makes the plastic look even more plastic on those cars if that makes sense. Worried it would do the same here.

Feel like the GTS distinction of black elements just disappears on dark colours so I went for dolomite. I like the front in the reviews I saw,
- especially in chalk - looked great and felt that it gave the car some width and an edge.

I might hate it in person lol but hedging my bets that people will grow to like it in person.