Running boards?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

mud flaps after market and got them painted same colour as the car, will get a photo and post.

Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:44 pm mud flaps after market and got them painted same colour as the car, will get a photo and post.
Great. Thank you.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Nick the Greek wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:39 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:33 pm Had a test 'entry / exit' on one fitted with them - took them off from my spec straight away. My short ar*e shins kept hitting them whenever I got out. Thought they looked quite nice otherwise ...
backdoor.png
frontpass.png
sidedriver.png

Are they wide enough to step on? I'm 6ft, but Mrs NTG is 5'2".
I'm 5'7 on the back seat if I try to place my foot on the ground I invariably hit the running board edge. Even the sales rep wasn't surprised when I removed them - he was more surprised I had originally included them ... 'Oh, so you want running boards ... as if he know what was coming ...'. It could just be me not know knowing what to do as a 'city dweller' :lol:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 pm
Nick the Greek wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:39 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:33 pm Had a test 'entry / exit' on one fitted with them - took them off from my spec straight away. My short ar*e shins kept hitting them whenever I got out. Thought they looked quite nice otherwise ...
backdoor.png
frontpass.png
sidedriver.png

Are they wide enough to step on? I'm 6ft, but Mrs NTG is 5'2".
I'm 5'7 on the back seat if I try to place my foot on the ground I invariably hit the running board edge. Even the sales rep wasn't surprised when I removed them - he was more surprised I had originally included them ... 'Oh, so you want running boards ... as if he know what was coming ...'. It could just be me not know knowing what to do as a 'city dweller' :lol:
Running Boards and Roof Rails should be removed from the Options list immediately. They might be useful occasionally but man do they spoil the look of a car 🥺
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4