Running boards?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

I'd appreciate feedback on the optional running boards. My Porsche code PNKW3M10

I live way out in the country, only accessible via narrow lanes, used regularly by farm traffic. Fine in the summer months, but it can get messy in the winter. I always have my new cars ceramic coated, which means they're a doddle to wash with snow foam. But as prevention is better than cure, do the running boards protect the lower side panels from spray? Also, do the running boards impead ingress and exit? Are front mudflaps a viable alternative?

Much appreciated.

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Nooooooo

We run some on our vehicles and they are PITA.

Burgers to clean properly if your using them on tracks as cr*p gets stuck where they attach to the car!!!
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:52 am Nooooooo

We run some on our vehicles and they are PITA.

Burgers to clean properly if your using them on tracks as cr*p gets stuck where they attach to the car!!!
Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

have had my macan since 2015 with boards, live in the country so similar concerns, they have been a god send so glad i had them along with mud flaps.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Has there ever been a unanimous answer on this forum, aside from "I love my Porsche"? Herding cats, comes to mind :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:53 am have had my macan since 2015 with boards, live in the country so similar concerns, they have been a god send so glad i had them along with mud flaps.
Do Porsche make specific mudflaps, or did you go aftermarket?
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Had a test 'entry / exit' on one fitted with them - took them off from my spec straight away. My short ar*e shins kept hitting them whenever I got out. Thought they looked quite nice otherwise ...

backdoor.png

frontpass.png

sidedriver.png

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

I too live in the sticks...............................

Running boards..........................

Great at keeping crap off the car...........

Short learning curve to get in and out cleanly if you are tall. Boards are great if you are vertically challenged as they can be stood on to get in - obviously.

Have never had issues cleaning them as they are faired into the underbody...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

mueslibrown wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:33 pm Had a test 'entry / exit' on one fitted with them - took them off from my spec straight away. My short ar*e shins kept hitting them whenever I got out. Thought they looked quite nice otherwise ...
backdoor.png
frontpass.png
sidedriver.png

Are they wide enough to step on? I'm 6ft, but Mrs NTG is 5'2".
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A Macan is not the size of a Range Rover so even my 2’2” Mrs can easily get into ours..

She tried to get into a Range Rover and could not haul herself into the cabin.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags