Which option do you wish you had - but don’t ??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 pm Not totally off-topic, as partly Macan-related... ;)

On a wider ‘Porsche’ basis, I wish I had ‘bitten the bullet’ and simply jumped straight in for a new, made to order 911, rather than going around the houses via Macan, pre-owned 911, and Panamera... :lol:

So subject to budget, get the best Macan you can afford. That way, you’ll be happier, and keep it longer, saving you £££s in the long run... ;)
I changed my Audi RS4 for a new amg e class merc in 2017 because I got a good price…I now know why, the values nose dive so still lose loads. I loved the RS4 so had I known I would have bought a 911 so quickly, I would have waited and kept the RS4 until that point the 911 came
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Deleted User 3551

Post by Deleted User 3551 »

Having had a recent flat, I'd strongly advocate for the spare wheel (which I didn't spec). Schoolboy error.

Best options? Heated wheel, pano roof (yes, I know that's off trend, and no problems have manifrested yet but I reserve the right to change my mind later!) and the dash compass in place of nothing, having decided Chrono wasn't value for me.
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

As part the “substantial” technology update for 2022, Porsche introduced an analogue clock as standard! Prices were increased in lieu though;)
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

One further point and it is more model specific on future desirability and that is Sports Chrono.

I would certainly include it in a GTS as it goes with the whole handling and image thing of the variant hence resale value is likely to be retained.

Whilst I have it on my Turbo in five years I have rarely used it and have never used LC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

I didn’t realise that the interior lighting was only the overhead lamp above the console, unless you specified the upgrade. Perhaps would still not have paid for it, but that’s one thing (additional lighting) which I occasionally look for.

Btw, I have the spare wheel and heated steering wheel - must haves at low cost when new, IMO!
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:23 am One further point and it is more model specific on future desirability and that is Sports Chrono.

I would certainly include it in a GTS as it goes with the whole handling and image thing of the variant hence resale value is likely to be retained.

Whilst I have it on my Turbo in five years I have rarely used it and have never used LC.
On "Gen 3" with the haptic buttons, I think SC becomes far more valuable just to switch modes easily on the move using the steering wheel dial. I even find that soo much better on a "Gen 2"
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

pmg wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:19 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:23 am One further point and it is more model specific on future desirability and that is Sports Chrono.

On "Gen 3" with the haptic buttons, I think SC becomes far more valuable just to switch modes easily on the move using the steering wheel dial. I even find that soo much better on a "Gen 2"
This is probably very true for once although maybe a short cut button could be assigned
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm reeling from a someone buying a Turbo with Launch Control and NEVER even trying it :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:59 pm I'm reeling from a someone buying a Turbo with Launch Control and NEVER even trying it :shock: :shock: :shock:
I’ve only ever done it on loan cars - it just makes me cringe

Interestingly when I did it at the pec in the 911 in the wet, it was quicker without it which is what the instructor expected !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

A heated steering wheel. Once you've had one etc....
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.