Which option do you wish you had - but don’t ??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rattler

Post by Rattler »

Hi - I'm new here and looking to create a decent spec for my requirements (buying a used Macan) and wanted to consult the wise and good on here as to which options you wish you had included in your Macan spec (or have included but found little use for).

The current availability /prices may mean I can't be too fussy about used Macan spec, but based upon feedback so far the below info from Col Lamb (based upon a Turbo) seems good - any omissions or agreements here?;

Spec
- PASM
- Larger wheels.
- Reverse Cam
- Surround Cam
- Pano roof
- Connect
- 14/18 way seats in a GTS

Nice to have
- ACC
- PS+
- Spare wheel
- LED lighting
- Internal light pack
- Internal storage pack.

Thanks in advance
Tim :D

SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Very happy with my options and there are none that I wished I had. I do wonder what difference acoustic glass would make, though.

There are also several options that I didn’t order and am very happy not to have:
  • leather seats. Standard Alcantara avoids being hot & sticky in summer and cold & squeaky in winter
  • pano roof. No worries about leaks
  • keyless entry. No worries about someone breaking in and driving away using a laptop.
  • big wheels. Ride comfort is great while still having enough handling precision for me
Last edited by SmallWheels on Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Seeing you have kindly used my advice for reference maybe a bit more feedback.

Of the features in my spec (see signature) there is nothing I wish I had included nor nothing I wish I had omitted.

Connect+ is one that I rarely use to its potential as I do not use streaming services.

Favourite during the Winter months is the Heated Steering Wheel.

BTW
I did offer the original advice based on keeping minimal spec on a GTS

Do also check on an old post within the forum on security where keyless entry gets a panning.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Cannot for the life of me understand anyone not putting a spare wheel in the car?!?!?!?
Rattler

Post by Rattler »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 am Seeing you have kindly used my advice for reference maybe a bit more feedback.

Of the features in my spec (see signature) there is nothing I wish I had included nor nothing I wish I had omitted.

Connect+ is one that I rarely use to its potential as I do not use streaming services.

Favourite during the Winter months is the Heated Steering Wheel.

BTW
I did offer the original advice based on keeping minimal spec on a GTS

Do also check on an old post within the forum on security where keyless entry gets a panning.
Thanks again. There are obviously so many options and combined with model variants creates a minefield of confusion in my mind. :)

But the mist is clearing and I’m narrowing down what I’d like to ideally include. I need to be patient and time my run for my sale and subsequent Macan purchase. Maybe I buy new and look at finance options? Maybe I sell my RS and “borrow” the Wife’s car (unlikely ) ;). Until I find the right car?

I’m enjoying the search process so far and finding out more about the Macan.

Tim
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I trust you have read some of the threads on delivery dates. It's more likely to be a year than a month 😥
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:58 am Cannot for the life of me understand anyone not putting a spare wheel in the car?!?!?!?
I bought my Turbo from the OPC's showroom as I couldn't wait indefinitely for my GTS, and it doesn't have the spare wheel :shock:
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:58 am Cannot for the life of me understand anyone not putting a spare wheel in the car?!?!?!?
I know we’ve done this to death elsewhere, but I’ve not had a car with a spare wheel in over a decade ( if you ignore my Landy, but that was a second car type of deal for places I didn’t want to take the Aston ). I didn’t originally have it on my Macan spec because of that. I ultimately added it because its not much money so thought “what the heck”. Very few new cars even offer it as an option.

If I were specing from new, which I am, I’d add it just for extra peace of mind, plus its only about £100 more than the tin of hair spray alternative.
Deleted User 4325

F1 Nut wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:05 pm
I bought my Turbo from the OPC's showroom as I couldn't wait indefinitely for my GTS, and it doesn't have the spare wheel :shock:
Cross your fingers! You'll be fine!
Deleted User 4325

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:14 pm
I know we’ve done this to death elsewhere, but I’ve not had a car with a spare wheel in over a decade ( if you ignore my Landy, but that was a second car type of deal for places I didn’t want to take the Aston ). I didn’t originally have it on my Macan spec because of that. I ultimately added it because its not much money so thought “what the heck”. Very few new cars even offer it as an option.

If I were specing from new, which I am, I’d add it just for extra peace of mind, plus its only about £100 more than the tin of hair spray alternative.
And certainly less than the cost of the alloy my son trashed driving the last half mile home on a flat!!!!