Checking Build status with OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Just wanted to check others experience with getting build status updates from your local OPC.

I’ve had several porsches over the years from different OPCs but the current one doesn’t give any updates pro-actively. I have to call and then I find out.

For example, if the production locks on October 1st 2021 for my build, the only way I would find out is if I call. So in theory it could lock without me knowing or remembering to call. Which is annoying, especially if I want to make any changes.

I also note that some people share pictures of the Porsche vehicle ordering system (example attached). Is it ok to ask my OPC for this, have others been given this?

373062FC-9ADE-4C37-B9A7-091E3A6750BB.jpeg

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

My OPC ( Mid Sussex ) have told me there is no publicly accessible build system and they would let me know if any of the dates changed from those I have already been given. So, in theory, no updates until they let me know its been built and on its way.

This is actually a bit of pain for me because I’m trying to dovetail getting the Macan and returning my current car ( different brands, different dealers ).

They also said every time I change the build I run the risk of introducing delays in delivery, although that may have been just because they got fed up with me changing it every 5 minutes.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 am My OPC ( Mid Sussex ) have told me there is no publicly accessible build system and they would let me know if any of the dates changed from those I have already been given. So, in theory, no updates until they let me know its been built and on its way.

This is actually a bit of pain for me because I’m trying to dovetail getting the Macan and returning my current car ( different brands, different dealers ).

They also said every time I change the build I run the risk of introducing delays in delivery, although that may have been just because they got fed up with me changing it every 5 minutes.
Thanks

Yep comms has got a lot worse over the years, I could trust them to call me in the past but not now.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 am My OPC ( Mid Sussex ) have told me there is no publicly accessible build system and they would let me know if any of the dates changed from those I have already been given. So, in theory, no updates until they let me know its been built and on its way.

As far as I'm concerned you can change your spec endlessly until you have to lock it in. It shouldn't have any impact on your Build Slot date.
My OPC in East London has said they have not yet received allocation numbers. Not sure if that's true but I'm not in a position to argue. I just have to wait 😞
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:21 pm

As far as I'm concerned you can change your spec endlessly until you have to lock it in. It shouldn't have any impact on your Build Slot date.
My OPC in East London has said they have not yet received allocation numbers. Not sure if that's true but I'm not in a position to argue. I just have to wait 😞
I mostly agree with that, but it does depend on what you change in the current climate. Adding things like air suspension to an S will definitely cause delays at the moment, and I think that’s what the OPC was getting at. TBH I “probably” can still change my spec but I think it really is about time to be decisive on my part. Apart from anything else it stops the constant ribbing from Neil911 😊
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm

I mostly agree with that, but it does depend on what you change in the current climate. Adding things like air suspension to an S will definitely cause delays at the moment, and I think that’s what the OPC was getting at. TBH I “probably” can still change my spec but I think it really is about time to be decisive on my part. Apart from anything else it stops the constant ribbing from Neil911 😊
Now Omni you wouldn't have this problem if you'd ordered the GTS but you've let the bean counters rule your decision 😉
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:09 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm
Now Omni you wouldn't have this problem if you'd ordered the GTS but you've let the bean counters rule your decision 😉
Have I mentioned I hate you 😂😂😂😂😂
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

No. But thanks for thinking about me I'll send you pictures of my GTS when it arrives sometime this century 😁😊
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

3 weeks ago I changed my spec (only for the second time) and it was my OPC (West London) and not me that said in their email to me that the spec change had gone through and that it had not delayed my build date. I only took off the running boards. By him saying that suggests some changes can delay a build? IInterestingly my spec has been locked now for 2 weeks and is still scheduled for end of October delivery. I’ve ordered a S with air suspension. If there are delays then why lock or even confirm a build / delivery date if things are so uncertain? Gives me hope.

I did have a gen 2 S order with air suspension that was meant to arrive in June but was delayed by 4 months until 28th October 2021 for delivery. This makes me think they’re expecting to sort out the air suspension by then which means my gen 3 S on air order is realistic? 🤞🏻
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:18 pm No. But thanks for thinking about me I'll send you pictures of my GTS when it arrives sometime this century 😁😊
Always good to be optimistic.