Traction control

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:19 pm Haven't some on here supplied tyres for their OPC to fit? Or do you mean cock up the type of tyre?
When I had the Aston I bought my tyres from Camskill and the Aston dealer were happy to fit them and charged no more than KwikFit. The actual tyres were about £75 each cheaper than the Aston Dealer bought them for, let alone supplied them.

BTW, like Porsche Aston tyres are a specific type, so they were Aston certified tyres.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:53 am I had a set of Michelins fitted on 18 November 2020 and then one replaced on 30 July 2021, 5,500 miles later. It was serviced on 26 August and the tread depth, "Old" c.f. "New" respectively was: Outer 6.7/6.5; Middle 6.5/6.5; Inner 6.5/6.1.
Discuss!
Front or rear replaced?
Either way, you're not driving it hard enough :D
It was all four replaced (after 13,500 miles) and those 5,500 miles probably weren't too hard, since lockdown ended I find the roads clogged with obstacles. I'm always amazed when they flash their lights even when you've passed them WITHOUT breaking the speed limit (much).
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:53 am I had a set of Michelins fitted on 18 November 2020 and then one replaced on 30 July 2021, 5,500 miles later. It was serviced on 26 August and the tread depth, "Old" c.f. "New" respectively was: Outer 6.7/6.5; Middle 6.5/6.5; Inner 6.5/6.1.
Discuss!
Front or rear replaced?
It was all four replaced (after 13,500 miles) and those 5,500 miles probably weren't too hard, since lockdown ended I find the roads clogged with obstacles. I'm always amazed when they flash their lights even when you've passed them WITHOUT breaking the speed limit (much).
don’t get me started! I live in a national park, and during lockdown it filled up with townies. Now its just insanely busy. They are doing 27mph in a 60 limit, you indicate, overtake safely and pull back in safely and they flash like crazy. I must admit I have had the red mist descend on occasion and actually stopped at the next junction and politely asked them exactly what their damn problem is.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've been tempted but not yet done so, inspired by you maybe I will :twisted:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Front or rear replaced?
don’t get me started! I live in a national park, and during lockdown it filled up with townies. Now its just insanely busy. They are doing 27mph in a 60 limit, you indicate, overtake safely and pull back in safely and they flash like crazy. I must admit I have had the red mist descend on occasion and actually stopped at the next junction and politely asked them exactly what their damn problem is.
I had an absolute superstar the other night, overtook me on an island (I was in my van) and cut me up, then did 35mph on a 60. I went to overtake and he sped up so I had to drop behind, then started to brake test me (that gets the red mist going) , flashed my lights and I was given the finger by his wife in the passenger seat (did actually make me laugh) then had to follow him for over a mile at 35mph with a huge que behind. Driver then shot off down a side road and gave me the finger, good job I know where the road comes out so went and met them at the end cause the traffic is bad that way. He told me that a police officer has told him in the past to brake test vehicles behind cause it makes them back off (not if they've slammed into the back of you though).
Had a cracking argument with his wife cause she would harldy let the chap talk, she tried to argue that they were both top standard drivers even though they didn't notice the 6 speed limit signs we passed. Always amuses me when they do 35 in a 60 then speed up when they get to the 30mph zone.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4436

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:03 pm

I had an absolute superstar the other night, overtook me on an island (I was in my van) and cut me up, then did 35mph on a 60. I went to overtake and he sped up so I had to drop behind, then started to brake test me (that gets the red mist going) , flashed my lights and I was given the finger by his wife in the passenger seat (did actually make me laugh) then had to follow him for over a mile at 35mph with a huge que behind. Driver then shot off down a side road and gave me the finger, good job I know where the road comes out so went and met them at the end cause the traffic is bad that way. He told me that a police officer has told him in the past to brake test vehicles behind cause it makes them back off (not if they've slammed into the back of you though).
Had a cracking argument with his wife cause she would harldy let the chap talk, she tried to argue that they were both top standard drivers even though they didn't notice the 6 speed limit signs we passed. Always amuses me when they do 35 in a 60 then speed up when they get to the 30mph zone.
I was in a Tesco car park once in my Night Blue 335i M sport Convertible and saw some woman reversing out in a 4x4 so stopped to let her go. However she kept going and when she got about 3 inches from the front of my car I hooted at her and she and her husband gave me the finger. Sadly for them they got stuck at the traffic lights on the way out of the car park so I got out and tapped on the window and asked why they felt they needed to be so rude when I stopped to let them out and maybe if they hadn’t seen my car, even after I flashed my lights, that maybe they shouldn’t be driving any more. The husband ( passenger seat ) started shouting at me across his wife and ended his tirade with “Its your fault for having such a stupid car”.

At that point I burst into laughter and he stormed off in a huff.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

^^^ Oh! So that was YOU! Typical BMW driving wnacker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:03 pm

You can tell them, who have been told to brake test following traffic. They have been told wrong, very wrong, and I guarantee it will not be a cop You will now find that if anyone brakes without good reason, and causes a road accident, they can be prosecuted. The law was changed some time ago, to stop this stupid act.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I know he was told wrong, infact, I'd bet my house he made it up cause he was panicking ( was one of the only things he could say cause his wife was working her jaw rather impressively) .
I HATE drivers who brake test others, and the drivers that do it don't like me that much when I catch them up. It was a fun end to the day, at least I wasn't in a drop top BM :oops:
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

How did we go from traction control to tyres (sort of get that link!) to road rage !

I get two sorts of other road users driving the lotus - those that actively move out the way to let you past or those that do the flashing etc when you over take them ! Doesn’t help that it is so noisy when you do overtake them !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S