Black sports tail pipes replacement.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:30 pm ^^^ Omni, just to say the issue is only with the black sports tail pipes. Can’t recall if you’ve specced black ones on your Macan build...
Thanks. Nope, I haven’t but do quite like them. They are over £500 though. So if the after market ones look ok I may get a set. I haven’t paid much attention to the standard exhaust tips though. If they look ok I’ll probably just leave them.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

bennachie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:06 pm You do realise that there are four exhaust exits. Two from each rear box? It is not a faux four pipe system. The one referenced above 'appears' to be a single entry connection...........................

Maybe its because it is an Audi engine.................................

The 2.9 engine in the GTS has separate pipes to each tip....No corrosion or discolouration in 15 months use. Underside could do with a clean admittedly!

20210910_125959.jpg

20210910_130339.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Well that definitely answers that one; one screw each and they slide off

This is a Gen 1 GTS and it has 4 pipes; one part number 95B 253 681Q. Other models have two and the tailpipes are 1 into 2 - just seen a set sell on eBay p/no 95B 044 205A.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Deleted User 4436

I wonder if you order the exhaust without the tips if it still has the bracket the tips screw into?

Anyone got the standard exhaust tips and wants to post a picture? The only pictures of standard ones I can find on-line look exactly the same as the chrome ones, just not quite as shiny.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:02 pm I wonder if you order the exhaust without the tips if it still has the bracket the tips screw into?
They all come with tips - standard fit on base and S is a stainless steel type finish. Black chrome and silver chrome are the othere derivatives.
Last edited by SAC1 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Deleted User 4436

SAC1 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:56 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:02 pm I wonder if you order the exhaust without the tips if it still has the bracket the tips screw into?
They all come with tips - standard fit on base and S is a stianless steel type finish. Black chrome and silver chrome are the othere derivatives.
So all exactly the same shape, just different finishes; Steel (presumably), Black or Chrome?

If that's the case I'm happy to stick with the standard ones and then swap them out at a later date if I don't like them and am feeling a little flushed
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:03 pm
They all come with tips - standard fit on base and S is a stianless steel type finish. Black chrome and silver chrome are the othere derivatives.
So all exactly the same shape, just different finishes; Steel (presumably), Black or Chrome?

If that's the case I'm happy to stick with the standard ones and then swap them out at a later date if I don't like them and am feeling a little flushed
Bearing in mind where they are on the car, and when goes past them, to my mind stainless steel is the preferable finish to any form of chrome ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

They all come with tips - standard fit on base and S is a stainless steel type finish. Black chrome and silver chrome are the othere derivatives.

The Macan 2.0 comes with twin tips as standard and the Turbo with quad square ones. S and GTS are quad circular ones.
Steve

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

pmg wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Bearing in mind where they are on the car, and when goes past them, to my mind stainless steel is the preferable finish to any form of chrome ;) ;)
Had the extra cost silver chrome ones on my SD and after 3 years they still looked like brand new. ;)
Steve

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have to leave the car with them all day as the pipes need to cool down to prevent the Technicians from burning their expensive hands. We will see how long these last. I clean them regularly, at least once a week. I will ask for the old ones just to examine them and perhaps try and paint them and flog them on here. :D
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.