I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PorscheMack
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by PorscheMack » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:13 pm

hood69 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 pm
PorscheMack wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:48 pm
To me they are the brain child of someone in the Marketing team who said "Let's stick a long plastic bar along the bottom of each door and call it a Sideblade. Then offer the punters the choice of a different finish, colour etc.. and charge them accordingly!" I think even if SB's were a no cost option few people would choose them. Furthermore, I reckon if Porsche stuck a house brick on the bonnet and called it a "Star Ship Slayer Module" they would get away with it!! 😂
On the previous Gen2 GTS the painted sideblades were a no cost option as opposed to a £400 plus option on the S or base.
I think the black side blades do compliment the lighter colours but like the painted too.
The other problem with SB's is that it seems every mainstream manufacture have stuck them on their SUVs ☹️ For me they add nothing to the Macan 🥴

Papeto
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Papeto » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am

I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower. The concern was initially the Macan would look too tall (like a kia Carens;)) and not sporty enough. With so many SUV’s around these days I don’t think thats a risk anymore.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 15408
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:43 am

Papeto wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower.

Exactly! :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

sd1985
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon May 17, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by sd1985 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:19 am

Papeto wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower. The concern was initially the Macan would look too tall (like a kia Carens;)) and not sporty enough. With so many SUV’s around these days I don’t think thats a risk anymore.
They done a poor job in that case, doesn’t have that effect on these eyes

MH82
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 am

Post by MH82 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 am

For those that are interested, West London have a base Gen 3 demonstrator in, spec’d as per http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJHBHB3

BanZ
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by BanZ » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 am

MH82 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 am
For those that are interested, West London have a base Gen 3 demonstrator in, spec’d as per http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJHBHB3
Interesting every demo Gen 3 Base Macan which pictures have emerged of I’ve seen so far have all upgraded the dual tailpipes to quad. For me the dual tailpipes are a distinctive base feature.

Will be great to see pics of this one though if anyone has a test drive!

MH82
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 am

Post by MH82 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:15 am

BanZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 am
MH82 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 am
For those that are interested, West London have a base Gen 3 demonstrator in, spec’d as per http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJHBHB3
Interesting every demo Gen 3 Base Macan which pictures have emerged of I’ve seen so far have all upgraded the dual tailpipes to quad. For me the dual tailpipes are a distinctive base feature.

Will be great to see pics of this one though if anyone has a test drive!
I’m off out of the country for a week or so but will be going in on the 11th for a looksee

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 15408
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am

Papeto wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower.


Horses for courses and all that, but I like the original design concept of the sideblades. Works for me. :)

665B5AC4-AAC6-4EB9-AAB5-18C8C3AA78A7.jpeg

CF9C1196-288F-4C49-8004-ACC4F7B77041.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Post by SAC1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
Papeto wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower.


Horses for courses and all that, but I like the original design concept of the sideblades. Works for me. :)
I totally agree. PORSCHE desogn signature for their SUV.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
Papeto wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
I read somewhere that they(SB) are a design element to break up the side profile so the car looks lower.


Horses for courses and all that, but I like the original design concept of the sideblades. Works for me. :)
+1

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post