I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:26 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Armyaxl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:26 pm Anyone else think the crayon with painted blades might need black mirror or handles to break it up a bit?
Definitely, the crayon and white need black blades and handles and also black wheels. :D
No, just needs the top coat, any colour will do. :evil:
Well I’ve not heard that one before 😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

^^^ the one ones are the best ;)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Armyaxl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:32 pm
LAJ wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:05 pm looks lovely, how did you get the GTS in red on the blades?
There is the option to paint the blades in body colour. That gives you black GTS. The red was important to me to carry the brakes through to the body. I therefore paid the extra £150ish for the red. Its a nice touch and makes a huge visual difference. To me anyway.
Im not sure if the GTS is painted or just a decal. I know you can buy the red decal on inter web if you wanted red gts on a used Macan.
Do you have a link for the decal - seen them on a US site ... just curious really.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:00 am
Armyaxl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:32 pm
LAJ wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm

There is the option to paint the blades in body colour. That gives you black GTS. The red was important to me to carry the brakes through to the body. I therefore paid the extra £150ish for the red. Its a nice touch and makes a huge visual difference. To me anyway.
Im not sure if the GTS is painted or just a decal. I know you can buy the red decal on inter web if you wanted red gts on a used Macan.
Do you have a link for the decal - seen them on a US site ... just curious really.
Google red GTS logo and a French company comes up that is reasonable. Looking at their site I did get thinking about what a Macan might look like with Martini stripes!!!!
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Found the French site - €6 is a lot less than £100 from the US 😳.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUMACSDD.html
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

D4DCD6BE-DD0C-4460-A911-4529DABCDA7C.jpeg

9A13BFAD-23F9-4306-8D03-67C58BB46154.jpeg

NickP

Post by NickP »

Hi,
I thought these photos might be of interest. I took my SD in for it's 8 year service (at 5 years due to mileage) and was given a 15 mile old GTS for the day. Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to drive it more than a few miles and only around town but my impressions were deeply impressive.
- It is, I think, on normal rather than GTS air and felt incredibly taught but smooth and comfortable at the same time. My SD is on 20s with PASM and Air and feels similar in Sport but less good bump absorption than the GTS. I never got the GTS into Sport etc. The steering was heavy but very direct and had beautiful feel.
- It was hard to judge performance. I suspect that it would fly on the open road but around town it didn't feel quite as effortless as the SD, driven on a wave of torque. It sounded very nice, both with PSE switched on and off!
- The main change to the interior is the bigger touchscreen (very responsive) and the console buttons. The new centre console worked well and didn't appear to get finger marked. I could not say that it is better or worse - just different and more contemporary looking. Happy with both solutions. Everything else is pretty much the same as in 2016.
- The wheels are GT Design in Satin Platinum and quite lovely. The side-blades are carbon but did not really stand out against the black.
Overall impression - the chassis on this suspension set up is amazing. Everything else is just as good as it always was.

EF93ACBB-F120-4498-84F9-F6FC23E4A571.jpeg

7F0F7208-509A-4BCE-9999-665FCE30282A.jpeg

AF0CD725-A0B7-4CEE-B077-6E45644A632C.jpeg

Worley

Post by Worley »

Hey all. Apologies in advance as I know there are some pics on here somewhere but just can’t find them….I’m looking to place an order on a Macan S v.soon and looking to make some choices on where to spend money on options (like everyone ) - Does anyone have any pics of the standard interior seats/dashboard on the Macan S and would also welcome some pics of the standard wheels with Miami blue if anyone has one…(long shot I know)
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

NickP wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm Hi,
I thought these photos might be of interest. I took my SD in for it's 8 year service (at 5 years due to mileage) and was given a 15 mile old GTS for the day. Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to drive it more than a few miles and only around town but my impressions were deeply impressive.
- It is, I think, on normal rather than GTS air and felt incredibly taught but smooth and comfortable at the same time. My SD is on 20s with PASM and Air and feels similar in Sport but less good bump absorption than the GTS. I never got the GTS into Sport etc. The steering was heavy but very direct and had beautiful feel.
- It was hard to judge performance. I suspect that it would fly on the open road but around town it didn't feel quite as effortless as the SD, driven on a wave of torque. It sounded very nice, both with PSE switched on and off!
- The main change to the interior is the bigger touchscreen (very responsive) and the console buttons. The new centre console worked well and didn't appear to get finger marked. I could not say that it is better or worse - just different and more contemporary looking. Happy with both solutions. Everything else is pretty much the same as in 2016.
- The wheels are GT Design in Satin Platinum and quite lovely. The side-blades are carbon but did not really stand out against the black.
Overall impression - the chassis on this suspension set up is amazing. Everything else is just as good as it always was.
My experience is very close to yours. I had a GTS for hour or so last weekend. Carbon side blades barely noticeable on a dark car and start to looking like a vinyl wrap when they get dirty. I would presume your car like the one I drove didn’t have power steering plus. Answered my question to leave this option unchecked as I felt the steering was one of the best aspects of the car. Unfortunately the car I drove also had the raised non GTS air suspension. Seeing as my experience is similar to yours I now have the dilemma of which suspension I should choose.
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Remember the power steering plus only makes itself known at low speed, when manoeuvring.
It’s a must have for my wife who wouldn’t drive the Boxster (which didn’t have it) but made the 911 her favourite car (which did)
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock: